SocialBoost 728×90 ATF

30 Minute Skillet Chicken Enchiladas

30 Minute Skillet Chicken Enchiladas

Last week I posted a recipe for 30 Minute Skillet Lasagna of Wonder. My family loved it, you guys loved it, I loved it. Who doesn’t love an awesome dinner recipe that only takes 30 minutes to make! Every person walking this planet enjoys a fabulous meal that doesn’t take all day to prepare. Β At least, that has been my experience.

And so my mind has been working over time thinking of all the other classic dinner recipes you and I could be making in 30 minutes, in a deep skillet. There are so many possibilities! Get yourself a deep skillet, guys. Many more recipes coming soon.

Today, I have 30 Minute Skillet Chicken Enchiladas to share with you. The sauce is creamy and full of south-western flavor. They are cheesy, hearty and can be on your table ready to eat in 30 MINUTES! Sweet Home Alabama, baby.

Let’s make ’em!

30 Minute Skillet Chicken Enchiladas_edited-2

30 MINUTE SKILLET CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

Time: 30 minutes, start to finish
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!

2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C onion, chopped
1 Tb olive oil
salt and pepper
3 C cooked chicken (I used rotisserie)
1/2 C chicken broth

TOPPINGS:
tomato
green onions
cilantro
black olives, sliced

IMG_3360_edited-1

1. Heat a large, deep skillet (mine is 3 inches deep and 11 inches wide) over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and let it get nice and hot. Place 2 cloves minced garlic and 1/4 cup chopped onion. Hit the pan with a bit of salt and pepper and let the veggies cook until the onions are wilted and golden brown. Should take 7-10 minutes.

IMG_3356_edited-1

2. While your onions and garlic are cooking, grab some cooked chicken…

IMG_3357_edited-1

and chop it up into chunks.

IMG_3358_edited-1

3. When the onions are soft grab two cans of green enchilada sauce and pour them into the pan.

IMG_3361_edited-1

Add 1/2 cup chicken broth…

IMG_3362_edited-1

1 package of cream cheese and the cooked chicken.

IMG_3363_edited-1
4. Hit it with 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon lime juice and 1 teaspoon honey.

IMG_3364_edited-1

Give it a nice stir and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the ingredients are warmed through.
5. Take 2/3 of the sauce and chicken mixture out of the pan, leaving 1/3 of it covering the bottom of the pan.

IMG_3368_edited-1

Layer 4 tortillas over the sauce.

IMG_3369_edited-1

Pour 1/3 of the sauce over the tortillas.

IMG_3370_edited-1

Top with 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese.
Layer 4 more tortillas over the cheese and pour the rest of the sauce on top.

IMG_3371_edited-1

6. Cover the pan and allow the mixture to simmer a bit. You want the tortillas to get warm and the cheese to melt. Should only take about 5 minutes. Make sure your heat isn’t too high. You don’t want the bottom layer to burn.

IMG_3372_edited-1

7. Turn your oven to broil. Uncover the pan and sprinkle 1 1/2 cups more cheddar cheese on the top. Make sure your pan is oven safe πŸ™‚ and then pop it in.

IMG_3373_edited-1

Let the cheese get all golden and slightly crispy. This should only take 2-3 minutes.

IMG_3377_edited-1

Add some chopped tomato, green onion, cilantro and sliced black olives.

IMG_3384_edited-1

Dig in, baby!

Skillet Chicken Enchiladas

Patti
    March 24, 2014 at 10:35 am

Yum! I think tonight sounds like a good time to try this! Thanks!! You’re the BEST!!

March 24, 2014 at 11:29 am

This must taste as amazing as it looks, I love the way you have done this, it’s something I have just got to try.
    Oh by the way if you have any cook books of your own that you would like further promotion on, check out beezeebooks.com I’ll promote your books free for a year or more. thanks for sharing.
    Mike

talia
    March 24, 2014 at 11:38 am

This sounds amazing. I love Mexican food – it may well be my favorite!

Amy L.
    March 25, 2014 at 11:42 am

That looks fan-freakin-tastic!!! I can’t wait to try it – thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

Tina
    March 28, 2014 at 3:54 pm

I made this for dinner tonight. It was absolutely yummy!! A very easy, quick dinner. Definitely a keeper!! Thank you, Jaime!

Genny
    March 29, 2014 at 7:48 pm

I’m making this recipe for dinner and the she family is staring at the oven wait for a bite…

Genny
      March 29, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Oops the whole family not she….

Sheri
    April 4, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Made this last night. My family of six loved this meal! It’s hard making a dinner that everyone likes. This is a keeper! Thank you for sharing.

Babs
    May 2, 2014 at 6:43 pm

This was amazing! I made it tonight. I didn’t have olives or green onion but used the tomato and fresh cilantro… So delicious! Definite do over!

May 3, 2014 at 5:32 pm

you do the most amazing recipes, love everyone of them

barbara dell
    June 11, 2014 at 11:35 am

I’ve had this recipe in my phone since the post because I couldn’t find the green enchilada sauce. I found it this weekend at a new walmart that opened so I made it Sunday. it was great! I’m a big fan of skillet dinners and this one and the lasagna are both delicious. Thanks for all your posts Jamie, I love reading them. Barbara ????

Lisa
    February 23, 2015 at 2:55 pm

This is on the stove right now. It smells great, and it was so easy to make. I roasted two chickens yesterday, and after dinner I cut up all the meat and separated it into packages for meals like this. Thanks for your blog. We’ve enjoyed everything I’ve made from here.

Bridget
    January 11, 2016 at 3:08 pm

is there a huge difference in smoked paprika and paprika. Just wondering if I need to buy a different bottle.

January 12, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Bridget,
      Yes, there is a huge difference. I recommend buying the smoked version. πŸ™‚
      All the best,

Joyce Roe
    July 10, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Am looking forward to more of your delicious recipes…

Joyce Roe
    July 10, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Am looking forward to more of your delicious recipes…

This is the 1st email to you.

Tiffany
    August 22, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Hi! This is amazing, of course. I have to take meals this week. I’m thinking that I could make this up to the layering step, then put it in pans to go with directions to cook at 350 for about, 30 minutes from cold. I’ll bag toppings on the the side. Does that sound about right? This is a family-friendly, easy-reheat option for taking! Thanks!

Marjorie
    December 2, 2016 at 10:18 pm

This was fabulous, will make it again! I passed this recipe to my sister and Mom that live in New Mexico, they will enjoy it too! I always enjoy your recipes and purchased your cookbook, many thanks!

December 13, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Marjorie,
      Thank you! So happy this recipe turned out well for you!
      Best,

Kristine Dunn
    December 10, 2016 at 2:19 pm

I have made this many times. It has become a family favorite and requested often. Thank you so much for sharing!

December 13, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Kristine,
      So glad to hear it! Thanks for letting me know!
      Best,

Bonnie Thomas
    January 4, 2017 at 10:14 am

I prefer corn tortillas can I substitute them?