The Weekend Report: Sticky Kisses

The Weekend Report: Sticky Kisses

Did you have a great Easter holiday, last weekend?

I sure hope so.

We spent time with our extended family at Bear Lake. There was a lot of good food, and a lot of great people to share it with. Two of my favorite things of all time. 🙂

IMG_4249_edited-1

While I watched the kids run around with their cousins during our traditional Easter egg hunt,

IMG_4074_edited-1

I had a little flashback memory come to my mind. A few years ago I found myself far away from home, in windy Chicago, sitting in a fancy business meeting with some high-powered career driven men and women. I was there with a group of bloggers to discuss social media and the influence it has on consumer America. Let me tell you, I felt extremely out-of-place.

IMG_4109_edited-1

The other bloggers and I took turns introducing ourselves. When I mentioned that I was a stay at home mom, with 5 children to care for the woman conducting the meeting gasped and said…

“Are you kidding! You have 5 children!”

“I do, actually. Five. I have five great kids.” I said.

“Did you have them on PURPOSE!?!” she wondered.

“Totally, on purpose. Yes, ma’am I meant to have them.”

She was utterly stunned, and to tell you the truth I felt a little bit like the laughing-stock of the meeting considering she and many of her coworkers had a good chuckle on my behalf. 5 children! What normal person would do such a thing!

IMG_4162_edited-1

That experience rolled through my mind while I feasted my eyes on this beautiful site.

IMG_4190_edited-1

and this one…

IMG_4294_edited-1

and this one here, as well.

IMG_4305_edited-1

And I was reminded, once again…that I would choose to marry this man and bear him 5 wonderful kids a million times over, if I were given the chance. Being part of a family, having children, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, parents…nieces and nephews.

resized

Well, it’s the highlight of my whole life.

IMG_4265_edited-1

Sticky kisses…

IMG_4262_edited-1

and all.

PS…this last picture is of my darling curly-haired niece Valerie and her mama Erin. Bet you wish you could have a sticky kiss from that girl, don’t ya. 🙂

StephB
    April 26, 2014 at 8:17 am

Family, and friends we call family, is THE most important thing we have. And I for one believe you have a beautiful family – sticky kisses and all!

Katrina Clark
    April 26, 2014 at 8:44 am

Thanks Jamie! Besides all of the blessings, you are tougher than any career mom out there!! That is what I tell myself on the days I wonder why I have chosen to be a stay at home mom that I love being most of the time! : ) Love the last kiss picture….what a cute little girl!

April 26, 2014 at 9:43 am

Very beautifully put! Congratulations on having such a wonderful family.

Penny Hopkins
    April 26, 2014 at 10:13 am

What a wonderful family. I admire you for being a stay at home Mom. Congratulations!

Deloris
    April 26, 2014 at 10:22 am

THANK GOODNESS FOR STICKY KISSES!!!

Corenna Cannon
    April 26, 2014 at 10:50 am

Beautiful tribute to the most wonderful gift we can have – family. Thank you for sharing words that echo the deepest feelings of my heart.

Margaret matlock
    April 26, 2014 at 10:55 am

Great post! Great family. I need some sticky kisses.

Sheryl
    April 26, 2014 at 11:23 am

Amen sista!!! (have 5 of my own, so totally understand) It was a long while ago, but I had many grocery store queries, “are they all YOURS?”. Made me laugh then and still does now. I adore your blog and think you are wonderful!!!

Leah
    April 26, 2014 at 12:11 pm

God and family make our lives beautiful and sweet. They both give us a long lasting sense of belonging and love. Thanks for sharing your story, Jamie!

Erin Jepsen
    April 26, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Thanks Jam, that brought a tear to my eye. Luckily for me that floppy haired mess gives me kisses everyday and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Marie
    April 26, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Beautiful, beautiful post! In the end, family is all that really matters in this life. Thanks for sharing your sweet sentiments. You have a beautiful family.

Julie
    April 26, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Love.

April 27, 2014 at 9:29 am

As a native Chicagoan, I must apologize for my people. I am also the mother of five, and get looks and confusion whenever I return home with five kids under eight. They are a bit naive when it comes to big families – but I assure you, there are a few gems back there as well! 😉

This post was absolutely precious. Thanks for sharing, Jamie!

April 28, 2014 at 7:28 am

Wow…it amazes me how bluntly rude people can be!!! I think you have a beautiful family and love all the pictures – and the sticky kissy niece…precious!!!

Norinda
    April 28, 2014 at 7:38 am

I also am a mom to 5! Although my youngest and oldest have already gone to heaven, the oldest when he was 2 weeks old and the youngest when she was 17. I wouldn’t give up a single day of motherhood to these children of mine! Thanks for sharing this story!

Erin R.
    April 28, 2014 at 9:02 am

Ha ha! With her little sticky hands on everyone’s face, that slays me. What a sweet little girl, and your boy is the sweetest, too, for letting her sticky him up. Really great post about your Easter weekend.

Melissa
    April 29, 2014 at 10:21 am

As a mama to one 5 year old daughter and a son that I lost at 18 weeks in 09/13, I am completely jealous at 5 kids and would love to have a household full. We are dealing with secondary infertility – my son took 42 months to concieve – and when people make asinine comments like that, it breaks my heart.