Hello to all of you summer lovin’ readers out there. Summer time can be so great, right? Extra time with family, warm weather, green grass, yummy fruit (I really like summer fruit, just sayin’), smores!, long day light hours, running my toes through a sandy beach, gorgeous sunsets…I really could go on and on. It’s a great time of year, after all.
Dinner time, however can be really tricky for me during the summer months and I would imagine it to be the same for many of you. We never end up eating at a regular time or all together and the time I generally spend cooking dinner is often gobbled up by some kind of family outing which makes having a Menu Plan for the week, kind of tricky. It’s a challenge to keep everyone happy and fed without relying on cereal for dinner, am I right? If you feed your kids cereal for dinner, don’t feel bad about it. Captain Crunch has been a regular visitor at my house during June, crazy times around here!
For my monthly menu plan this July, instead of organizing the meals into weekly plans I have organized 25 meals for you into 4 categories. Dinner recipes that can be made 1. On The Grill, 2. Main Course Salads, 3. In a Skillet and 4. In The Crock Pot. For some reason it’s easier for me to wrap my mind around a plan that is set up this way. Hope you feel the same! I am hoping to pick a few of these recipes each week and be happy if we have time to make and enjoy them.
PS…I am heading off into the wilderness to Youth Girls Camp this week to help cook the food for 250 plus people. I’ll be without internet for most of the week but will get back to your questions and comments when I return home on the weekend. Cross your fingers I don’t meet a grumpy bear or get eaten alive by mosquitoes. 🙂
Now, on to the plan. Hope you find a few things your family will love!
ON THE GRILL:
1. Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches and Crispy Oven Fries
2. Grilled Greed Chicken Kabobs with Creamy Cucumber Sauce and Lemon Butter Rice
3. Grilled Chicken Ceasar Wraps with Simple Grilled Zucchini
4. Fabulous Classic Grilled Burgers with Skillet Potatoes and Lumberjack Baked Beans
5. Grilled Chicken Tacos with Fresh Pico Di Gallo
IN A SKILLET:
1. 30 Minute Skillet Beef Enchiladas and Cheesy Spanish Rice
2. Crispy Skillet Chicken with Bruschetta Pasta
3. Creamy Chipotle Black Bean Chicken
4. Orange Sesame Chicken and White Rice
5. 30 Minute Skillet Chicken Cordon Blue Pasta
IN THE CROCK POT:
1. Shredded Mexican Chicken, tortillas and Cilantro Lime Rice
2. Meatball Marinara with Spaghetti Noodles and Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella
3. French Dip Sandwiches, chips and watermelon
4. Italian Cream Cheese Chicken with Fettuccine Noodles and Green Salad
5. Hawaiian Meatballs with White Rice