The Weekend Report: An Eagle Scout

The Weekend Report: An Eagle Scout

My boy Mark was awarded the Eagle Scout of Honor this past week. Good on him, right! ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_6797_edited-1

When he was just a little baby I remember feeling super blessed and overwhelmed with young motherly love. I knew I would love him every single day I was living on this green earth. I was grateful to have a fabulous husband on board to love him as much as I did and still do.

IMG_6868_edited-1

I figured his siblings, grandparents extended family would love him too.

IMG_6846_edited-1

I was right…they do. He’s a lucky boy.

IMG_6777_edited-1

I hoped he would find good, solid, honorable friends which he has done and for which I count my lucky stars. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_6791_edited-1
What I hadn’t counted on, were a few fabulous scout leaders that have taken him under their wing…

IMG_6786_edited-2

Supported him along the way. Mentored him, advised him…stuck by him when the going was tough…

IMG_6821_edited-1

and who are fabulous examples. For them and for all the thousands of ย hours they devote to scouting and to my boy in particular I am beyond grateful.

IMG_6858_edited-1

Who wouldn’t be grateful for scout leaders like these, I ask you!

IMG_6840_edited-1

Feeling beyond blessed to live in such a ย fantastic community…

IMG_6863_edited-1

It does this mama’s heart a lot of good.

A special thank you to Mark’s ย fabulous leaders, and a shout out to all of you wonderful scout leaders out there. Thank you for sacrificing so much of your time! You are doing a lot of good, whether you know it or not. ๐Ÿ™‚

Glaphre
    July 5, 2014 at 8:53 am

Congratulations!! To become an Eagle Scout takes a lot of work! Happy for all of you!

Judy
    July 5, 2014 at 10:42 am

Congratulations for a wonderful and honoring accomplishment Mark and to mom and dad for being supportive in his many hours and travels of scouting. God Bless

Tabatha
    July 5, 2014 at 10:44 am

Congratulations to your Eagle Scout!! That is a wonderful accomplishment. I know the proud feeling of having an Eagle Scout, and know the hard work that goes into earning this achievement.

PATTYL
    July 5, 2014 at 10:57 am

I congratulate your son and you as a wonderful parent. Eagle Scout is quite an accomplishment one he and you should be proud of. Congrats to the Eagle Scout, his family,and his brother Scouts and Leaders.

July 5, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Congratulations Mark~! You did a Super job~! My hubby is 62 years old and was the youngest Eagle Scout in Michigan, an honor that has followed him. You should be VERY proud of your accomplishment~! You get an atta boy from me for sure~!

July 5, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Congratulation, what proud parents you must be, and what a major achievement for a young man with a great future before him.
    Wishing your family all the very best
    Mike Smith New Zealand

Lori A.
    July 5, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Congratulations!! We hope that our son joins that Eagle Scout rank one day. ๐Ÿ™‚

Emma
    July 5, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Congratulations to Mark and you! That is a wonderful accomplishment. It will help him throughout his life! Way to go Mark!

July 6, 2014 at 3:22 am

How wonderful for all of you. Congratulations to Mark, good job.

Annette W
    July 6, 2014 at 8:54 am

What a wonderful goal to have, and accomplishment on becoming an Eagle Scout. Not only was it important to have the good leaders he had, but, the support and love of his parents and siblings! Good job one and all ๐Ÿ™‚

gloria
    July 6, 2014 at 10:10 am

Congrats to you and your family!!

Cheryl Newton
    July 6, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Yay for your whole family. What was Mark’s project?

Kathy Winters
    July 6, 2014 at 5:50 pm

As mother of two Eagle scouts and Aunt to three more I know first hand the pride in their award and projects. A good troop and wonderful leaders help build strong young men who go on in life to pass on those traits. Good job!

talia
    July 7, 2014 at 6:35 am

Congratulations! What a lovely post!

ShaNae
    July 7, 2014 at 8:09 am

Congratulations Mark! I remember from my brother earning his Eagle Scout the hard work and dedication that goes into that. Way to go!

July 8, 2014 at 9:28 am

Congratulations to Mark – I know you are a proud mama! ๐Ÿ™‚ That is quite an honor!!

Heidi
    July 12, 2014 at 2:55 pm

I love this post! I have 3 boys and my oldest goes to his first Scout Camp next week. He is so excited and I am a little nervous, but I trust the leaders will take good care of him and I keep reminding my boy that this is his chance to be responsible for himself. Aahhhh! Nice to see a mom come out on the other side unscathed. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Congratulations Jamie, Mark, and family!

Kara
    July 12, 2014 at 3:10 pm

silly question! Where did you get your sons shoes? Thanks for saving me so much time looking around. ๐Ÿ™‚

July 13, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Congratulations! That’s a lot of work for both boy and mom! You should be very proud! HUGS

July 17, 2014 at 7:13 pm

As a mom with both a Cub and a Boy Scout, I get it… and CONGRATS to you AND your son. He never would have gotten to where he is without your love and support (and sometimes prodding! LOL). That’s awesome and the country should be able to expect great things from his leadership in the future. (I’m a subscriber and a lurker… and I don’t comment much… but this… THIS is definitely worth my time to make sure kudos were sent! ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh…and I LOVE YOUR RECIPES!) ๐Ÿ™‚