I have a fabulous, succulent recipe to share with you all today. It’s a stunning treasure of a recipe, great to pull out if you are having company for dinner, making a special meal for your valentine, or preparing a take in meal to someone you care about. This chicken is a real crowd pleaser for many reasons, the most important being…it’s wrapped in bacon.
Mmmmm. Bacon. There is a lot to love about this tasty ingredient, yes? Crispy and sizzling with flavor bacon always adds a lot of fabulousness and this chicken dish is no exception. It’s quite easy to put together and will only set you back about 20 minutes in prep time (it’s fast enough for a weeknight meal, if you are feeling especially indulgent). Chicken breasts are pounded out flat, filled with a savory cream cheese mixture, rolled up and wrapped in bacon. They bake for about 30 minutes and then…it’s just you and the chicken, baby. Prepare yourself for an exceptional treat.
Hope you love it! 🙂
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Roll Ups
Time: 20 minutes prep + 30-40 minutes baking
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe from MyHandsomeHusband
3 large chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
22 strips pre-cooked bacon, divided
4 green onions, minced
3 mushrooms, minced
3/4 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 Tb dried parsley
salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Into a large gallon sized Ziploc bag place a chicken breast.
Seal the bag securely and pound that chicken out, baby. Beat the shnozle out of it! Flatten the old girl down.
You want it to be as thin as you can get it. Try for about 1/4 inch thick.
Cut the flattened chicken breast in half with a pair of kitchen scissors. Repeat with the other two chicken breasts. Pound them out and cut them in two.
3. Mince (a fancy word meaning “chop into tiny pieces”) 4 green onions, 4 slices pre-cooked bacon and 3 mushrooms.
4. Into a medium-sized mixing bowl place 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese. Pop it into the microwave for 30 seconds to soften it up a bit. Heating it like this will make it much easier to work with.
5. Add the green onions, minced bacon and mushrooms along with 3/4 tsp granulated garlic, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1 Tb dried parsley and a bit of salt and pepper. Stir it well to combine.
6. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper over each chicken breast. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture onto each chicken breast.
7. Roll the chicken up and wrap 2-3 pieces of pre-cooked bacon around each one. If the bacon is hard to manipulate, place it on a plate and heat it in the microwave for about 20 seconds to make it more pliable. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken rolls into it.
Like this! 🙂
8. Bake (uncovered) for 30-40 minutes, or until the inside of the chicken is cooked through and is no longer pink. Chicken should be cooked until the internal temperature is about 180 degrees.
9. Take the pan out of the oven and cover it with tin foil. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes then serve and enjoy!