To say these Loaded Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are delicious would be the understatement of the year. If you love peanut butter cups, you are going to love these brownies! A moist and chewy brownie is covered with a sweet peanut butter filling, topped with milk chocolate, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Reese’s Pieces. It’s kind of like an Over-The-Top, Peanut Butter Cup Paradise. My daughters and I made them a few weeks ago to take to the our local high school choir benefit concert. There wasn’t a crumb left to be found.
Let me show you how to make it happen!
Loaded Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Time: 1 hour + 1 hour to refrigerate
Yield: 12-24 brownies, depending on the size cut (they are super rich)
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
***NOTE: These brownies can be made up to two days in advance.***
1 C butter, softened
2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 Tb unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 C flour
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER:
3/4 C butter, melted
1 C peanut butter, I used chunky
2 1/3 C powdered sugar
2 C milk chocolate chips
1 (12 ounce) bag Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
1 C mini Reese’s pieces (found in the baking aisle)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl place 1 C softened butter and 2 C sugar. Cream together for 2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add 4 eggs and beat for an additional 1 minute. Add 1 tsp vanilla and mix just until combined.
3. In a separate bowl combine 8 Tb cocoa, 1 1/2 C flour and a dash of salt. Toss it together with a fork then add it to the creamed mixture.
4. Mix the ingredients together until nice and smooth.
5. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and spread the brownie batter out into it.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the pan to cool completely.
7. To make the Peanut Butter filling, melt 3/4 C butter in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add 1 C peanut butter, 2 1/3 C powdered sugar and a dash of salt. Mix it together with a wooden spoon to combine.
8. Carefully spoon the peanut butter mixture onto the cooled brownies. Press it out evenly with your fingers.
9. Melt 2 C milk chocolate chips, in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval.
9. When the chocolate is smooth, pour it over the top of the peanut butter and spread it out evenly with a knife.
10. Grab some peanut butter cups and mini Reeses Pieces. Unwrap the peanut butter cups and chop them into halves and thirds.
11. Sprinkle them onto the melted chocolate.
12. Sprinkle 1 C of mini Reese’s Pieces onto the melted chocolate.
13. Pop the pan into the fridge for 1 hour, or until the chocolate has set up.
14. When you are ready to serve use a sharp knife to cut the brownies into squares. Keep in mind, they are very rich. A small piece will go a long way. 🙂