What is it about spring time that is so super crazy! I suppose it has to do with spring sports, end of the year school activities, fresh yard work to be done and that sort of thing, right! On account of the busy-ness that seems to be abundant, I brought along an easy, family pleasing, 30 minute dinner recipe to share with you all today. Just in case a few of you are riding the same crazy train we are.
This Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is loaded with creamy goodness, fresh broccoli, tender chunks of chicken and hearty pasta.
Hope you give it a go!
Let me show you how to make it happen…
1. Grab a nice head of broccoli and cut off the ends. Chop the pieces up so they are similar in size. You’ll need about 3-4 cups.
2. Boil some water and cook a 1 pound box of farfalle (bowtie) noodles according to the package instructions. Be sure to salt the water super well.
3. Into a large deep skillet melt 4 Tb butter over medium high heat.
4. Add 4 Tb flour…
and stir it in completely. Allow it to brown just slightly.
5. To the butter/flour mixture (otherwise known as the “roux”) add 1 1/2 C chicken broth, 2 1/2 C half and half, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 1 tsp granulated garlic (or garlic powder), 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp oregano and a bit of salt and pepper. Stir it well and allow it to come to a simmer. It will start to thicken up once it bubbles up a bit. Allow it to simmer, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Make sure your heat isn’t up too high.
6. When the pasta is almost done, but still just slightly crunchy add the chopped broccoli. Continue to allow the water to boil until the broccoli is crisp tender. Should only take about 3-4 more minutes.
7. Drain the pasta and broccoli.
8. Remove the sauce pan from the heat and add 1 1/2 C parmesan cheese. Freshly grated will work best, but if you only have pre-grated it will work out fine as well. Give everything a nice stir and allow the cheese to melt.
9. Add the pasta, broccoli and 2 C cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken or leftover grilled chicken would work out great).
10. Give it a nice stir and serve immediately.
Here is the handy printable…
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Thanks for dropping by!