Bursting with sweet cinnamon flavor these Cinnamon Crumb Muffins are wonderful. The inside texture is nice and soft (not dry at all, mind you). The crumb topping is buttery, crispy and delightful. I hard time not consuming more than my fair share, truly. They would be fantastic to make for a brunch, to take to a sick neighbor, to bring along to work, for an afterschool snack…or just because you feel like baking something terrific.
Hope you give them a try, all!
Let me show you how to make it happen…
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray them generously with cooking spray.
2. For the crumb topping grab a small mixing bowl and place 1/3 C sugar, 1/3 C brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1 1/2 C flour into it. Toss it around with a fork to combine.
3. Melt 1/2 C butter in the microwave and pour it into the dry ingredients.
Work the butter in with your fork, until you have some nice crumbs formed. Yum! I love crumbs.
4. For the muffin batter grab a large mixing bowl and place 1 1/2 C flour, 1/2 C packed brown sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp baking soda and 1/4 tsp salt. Toss it together with a fork.
5. Grab a glass measuring cup (or small mixing bowl) and pour 3/4 C milk, 1/3 C oil, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla and 2 eggs into it. Whisk it with a fork until well combined and frothy.
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry.
Grab that fork again, and mix it together. Carefull not to over mix here, that will leave you with dry muffins. Just mix until you can’t see any streaks of flour.
7. Carefully scoop the batter into the liners. You only want them to be about 2/3 (or less) full.
8. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top of the batter. Beatiful!
9. Pop these pretty girls into the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe originally from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Pinterest friendly image below…