This wonderful treasure of a recipe is so smooth, creamy and rich it will make you wonder how it could be so amazingly easy to prepare. 15 minutes prep is all you need, gang. You do need to plan time for these little bowls of heavenly cream to chill for 2-3 hours, but that is the easy part, right? I wish someone would set me in the fridge to chill for a few hours. The heat this summer! It’s stifling, truly.
If you are looking for a creamy cool dessert this summer Berries and Colorado Cream is the way to go. It would make a fun presentation for the 4th of July. Hope you get a chance to make it!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Grab 4 C heavy whipping cream and pour it into a medium-sized sauce pan.
2. Pour 2 Tb (2 envelopes) unflavored gelatin and 1 C sugar into the cream.
Whisk it until well combined.
3. Heat the mixture on the stove top over medium heat until warm to the touch. You don’t want it to get too hot. The purpose is just to allow the sugar and gelatin to dissolve.
4. Add 24 ounces (3 cups) of sour cream, 2 tsp vanilla and a dash of salt.
Whisk it in. You want to be sure the sour cream is incorporated evenly and that the mixture is nice and smooth.
5. Pour the cream into small serving bowls or ramekins.
6. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or overnight.
7. Top with berries just before serving.
Here’s the handy printable!
Recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe