For all of you gardeners out there with a plethora of Zucchini or Yellow Summer Squash, I have a super easy, darn delicious Chicken and Zucchini Stir Fry recipe (FYI, you can still make this recipe, even if you didn’t plant a garden. Just throwing that out there). This simple stir fry is adorned with a scrumptious glaze made from sweet and hot chili sauce, giving it a fabulous taste that’s not overly sweet or hot, but a great balance of both. Hope you get a chance to give it a try!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Cut 3 chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
2. Heat a large, deep skillet up over medium high heat. Add 2 Tb olive oil and allow it to heat through. Add the chicken and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken, stirring only occasionally until the outsides are golden brown. Remove the chicken to a plate, cover and set aside.
2. While your chicken cooks, grab 2 small zucchini and 2 yellow crookneck squash (sometimes called yellow summer squash).
Cut them into 1/4 inch slices.
3. Slice 1 medium onion into 1/4 inch rings.
4. Add 2 Tb more olive oil to the pan you cooked the chicken in. Let it heat through and add the vegetables. Cook over medium high heat, until crisp tender. You don’t want them to get too soggy. 🙂
5. Into a small sauce pan place 3/4 C sweet chili sauce (found at your grocery store on the asian food aisle), 3 Tb soy sauce, 1 Tb rice wine vinegar, 2 Tb honey, 1 Tb cornstarch and 1 Tb water. Whisk it together to combine. Heat it on the stove top until thick and bubbly. Should only take a couple of minutes.
6. When the veggies are done cooking, add the chicken back into the pan and pour the sauce over the top. Stir to combine. Serve immediately over white or brown rice.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!