SocialBoost 728×90 ATF

Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup

Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup

I love to cook with the crock pot during the fall and winter months. There is something wonderful and comforting about having dinner simmering away while the hectic-ness of life ensues. Soup is, of course, particularly enjoyable and Chicken Noodle Soup fits right at the top of the list of comfort foods of wonder, yes? I have been working at perfecting a crock pot version of this soup that is both flavorful and satisfying without being mushy and…gross. I hate mushy and gross, don’t you? Chopping the vegetables in large chunks helps them retain more texture. Additionally, using Egg Noodles and adding them right at the end produces a nice hearty texture as well.

Hope you get a chance to try it, gang. Fall is on the horizon, it truly is. Let the baking begin…:)

For the Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe click over the The Plus Side.

For more of my favorite Crock Pot Soup recipes click here, here and here.

Have a great day!

Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Jamie Cooks It Up!

This is a sponsored post from The Plus Side. All thoughts and opinions are my own, as well as the original recipe.

Jenn Fox
    September 14, 2015 at 6:38 am

I can’t find the recipe at the link or anywhere on The Plus Side blog under the food menu or any other search for chicken soup.

September 14, 2015 at 7:26 am

Hi Jenn,
      Thanks for letting me know about the broken link. It has been fixed and is up and running now. There was a little glitch in the system, but all is well now. I hope you get a chance to give the recipe a try!
      All the best,

Crystal H.
    September 14, 2015 at 12:28 pm

Two questions: I never use chicken thighs so could I use 3 chicken breasts instead to replace the thighs? Also, do you pre-cook the egg noodles seperately before adding them in the crockpot towards the end? Thanks!

September 15, 2015 at 9:25 am

Hi Crystal,
      You can certainly use breasts in place of the thighs. However, the dark meat found in thighs really adds to the richness and flavor of the soup. As for the noodles, they will cook quickly right inside the crock pot for you. Hope this helps!
      Best,

Bonnie
    September 14, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Hi Jamie,
    What size crock pot do you use? I’ve got two different sizes so I want to make sure I use the right one.
    Thanks!
    Bonnie

September 15, 2015 at 9:23 am

Hi Bonnie,
      I used a 7 quart crock pot for this recipe. Hope that helps and that you enjoy the soup!
      All the best,

Erin R.
    September 14, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Woohoo! I just bought some leg quarters last week in anticipation of soup weather! Yours looks delicious, and the big chunks of carrot truly do help.

Aimee
    September 15, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Do you put the chicken in uncooked along with all the veggies? And then shred it?

September 16, 2015 at 9:21 am

Aimee,
      Yep, the chicken goes in raw.
      Best,

Judy Uhl
    September 16, 2015 at 6:20 am

I always worry about mushy noodles so I do my noodles separate. Then add to the bowl of soup. A must try recipe!

Judy Uhl
      September 16, 2015 at 6:43 am

also I only have the chicken cubes, do you know how many cubes I would use? Thanks!

September 16, 2015 at 9:20 am

Hi Judy,
        I would suggest using 3-4 cups of chicken cubes.
        All the best,

Patti Harshey
    January 30, 2017 at 10:11 am

Hi, Jamie. Could you use chicken broth instead of water?