We are quickly approaching the season for potluck salads, are we not? Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, SUMMER!!!!!! Oh, summer. I am so happy that we are moving towards her and all of her wonderful glory. 🙂
Hip Hip, am I right? Let the good times roll.
This Fluffy Orange Jello Salad is one of our summer/spring standards. I make it frequently at Bear Lake when we have a large crowd to feed that includes a lot of kids. Kids seems to absolutely love it (which is a bonus, yes?) and it’s mainly made with pantry staples. (You know, like marshmallows and pudding…aren’t those pantry staples at your house? Ha!) It is super easy to put together, friends. I hope some of you get a chance to try it.
Easter is just around the corner, after all. I hope yours is going to include a lot of cute little kids chasing candy filled easter eggs around. Make some of this salad for them, won’t you? I bet they will love you for it!
Let me show you how to make it happen…
1. Pour 1 C hot water into a glass measuring cup and bring it to a boil in the microwave (should only take 2-3 minutes). Add 2 (3 ounce) packages of orange gelatin to the hot water.
Stir until completely dissolved.
2. Add 1 C crushed ice…
Stir again, until all the ice has melted. Pop it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, or until it’s the consistency of thick pudding.
3. To a large bowl add 8 cups marshmallows.
4. Drain 2 (15 ounce) cans mandarin oranges and add them to the bowl.
5. Add 1 (20 ounce) can of crushed pineapple, undrained.
5. Sprinkle 1 (5.1 ounce) box vanilla pudding into the bowl.
6. Add 1 (12 ounce) container of thawed cool whip…
…and stir to combine.
Grab the orange jello from the fridge and add it to the big bowl.
Stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 1, and up to 12 hours.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe adapted from my sister in law Ember Storrs
For a great strawberry version of this salad, click here!