I love the ease of a great Sheet Pan dinner recipe. Protein and veggies are all cooked in the oven on the same pan, which makes for super easy prep, super easy cooking time and super easy clean up. I am a fan of all of those. This fantastic Sheet Pan Sweet and Sour Chicken with Veggies is my latest favorite (though I do LOVE this amazing Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken and Roasted Potatoes! Give it a try if you haven’t yet!).
The Sweet and Sour sauce for this dish is heavenly. You may have noticed that I posted the sauce recipe on Monday. I wanted it to have it’s own spot in my archives, but I have added the entire sauce recipe in this post as well so you don’t have to go about clicking back and forth if you choose to make this dinner. Which I really, really hope you do, friends. The chicken gets all luscious and sticky while the roasted veggies are just wonderful.
Hope some of you give it a try!
Let me show you how to make it happen.
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Grab 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 1 orange pepper, 1 red onion and 2 small zucchini. Chop them into 2 inch cubes. Now, don’t get your ruler out. You just want to chop them all into similar sized chunks.
3. Spread the veggies out evenly over one side of two sheet pans. Lay 5-6 chicken tenders on the other side of each pan.
4. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the veggies and chicken. Toss the veggies around a bit with your fingers so that the oil has a chance to spread out. Turn the chicken over a couple of times as well. Sprinkle both the chicken and veggies with a bit of garlic salt and pepper.
5. Pop the pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
6. While the chicken and veggies are roasting away, place 7 Tb ketchup, 2 Tb soy sauce, 1 1/4 C sugar, 3/4 C vinegar, 1 C cold water, 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/2 C pineapple juice and 2 1/2 Tb cornstarch into a medium-sized sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Allow it to boil vigorously while you stir it constantly for 2-3 minutes or until it’s nice and thick. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper into the pan and give it a nice stir.
7. When the chicken has cooked through drizzle a generous amount over the top of each tender. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and wonderful.
8. Remove the pan from the heat and spoon more sauce over the chicken.
9. Serve the chicken and veggies with rice. Drizzle more of the glorious sauce over the veggies, if you so choose.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Looking for more Sheet Pan recipes?
Give this Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken and Roasted Potatoes a try!