Sometimes, I really…
…really get to craving a warm cinnamon roll complete with a gooey cinnamon filling and a heavenly maple glaze dripping off the edge. Yum! Unfortunately, I don’t always have time to whip up a batch of homemade cinnamon rolls and I have to make other arrangements, my friends. These wonderful Cinnamon Roll Muffins are a fabulous substitute, truly. You can make a batch in about 30 minutes and they are loaded with fabulous cinnamon flavor and that maple glaze I love so much.
Hope some of you get a chance to try them! My family gave them 7 thumbs up. 🙂
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Into a medium-sized mixing bowl place 2 C flour, 1 Tb baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 C sugar. Toss it around with a fork to combine.
3. In a large glass measuring cup melt 3 Tb butter. Add 1 C milk and stir to combine. Add 1 egg and whisk it into the mixture. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients.
4. Stir it in, but not completely. You want to be sure not to overmix. Just mix it in a bit…we are going to add some of the yummy cinnamon mixture as well.
5. To make the cinnamon mixture, melt 3 Tb butter in a small mixing bowl. Add 1 C brown sugar, 1 Tb cinnamon and a dash of salt. Stir to combine.
6. Fold half of the cinnamon mixture into to batter.
Stir just until there are no streaks of flour.
7. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Spray with cooking spray and fill them just a bit more than half way full.
8. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture over the top of each muffin.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to rest in the tins for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
10. To make the glaze grab a small mixing bowl and combine 1 Tb melted butter, 1 Tb maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 Tb milk, 1 C powdered sugar and a dash of salt. Whisk it together until smooth and glossy.
11. Drizzle the frosting over the warm muffins.
Serve and enjoy!
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe adapted from Some the Wiser