Summertime is fast approaching, friends and that is something to smile about, am I right? There is a lot to love about summer, indeed. I’m looking forward to spending a lot of time with family and enjoying some wonderful food. The Orange and Lemon Jello Salad I brought along to share with you today is perfect “summer” food. I can remember my Grandma making it when my family came to visit her during the summer months. It’s one of those recipes that qualifies as “family comfort food”. This particular jello salad is both refreshing and sweet. They orange jello layer is studded with mandarin oranges and made with orange juice concentrate. The Lemon layer is a fluffy lemon pudding that compliments the orange layer so well. Yum!
Hope some of you get a chance to try it this season! Take it along to a backyard bbq, family reunion or church potluck. You’ll have smiles all around.
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Grab 2 (6 ounce) packages of orange jello and pour them into a 9×13 pan.
2. Heat 4 cups of water in the microwave until it’s boiling.
3. Pour the hot water over the jello and stir it until all the jello has dissolved.
4. Grab 1 (12 ounce) can of frozen orange juice concentrate. Spoon it into the hot jello and stir it in until all of the juice has dissolved.
5. Drain 2 (15 ounce) cans of mandarin oranges and pour them carefully into the pan. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set…
6. To make the pudding topping place 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes of instant lemon pudding into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add 3 C milk (I used 1%, but 2% or whole milk would be great as well). Beat on medium-high speed with the whisk attachment until the pudding is thick. Add 1 C thawed cool whip and stir to combine.
7. Carefully spoon the lemon topping onto the set jello.
Spread it out evenly with a knife.
8. Pop it into the fridge allow it to chill for at least 1 hour and up to 24.
Serve and enjoy!
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe adapted from my sweet Grandma Barbara