Happy Monday, friends! I have a great, new pasta recipe for you this morning. This yummy Cajun Chicken Pasta is creamy, has a slightly spicy kick to it and is studded with tender chunks of chicken, sauteed peppers and onions. My family loved it. I thought they might be a little bit turned off by the spicy flavor, but even my 10 year old boys loved it and asked for seconds. The spice is actually pretty mild. You could add more Cajun seasoning, if you like it really spicy.
Anyhow, here you have it! Hope some of you get a chance to try it! Have a great day, all! 🙂
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Slice 1 orange bell pepper, 1 red bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper and 1/2 a red onion. Chop 2 Tb of garlic. You don’t need to mince the garlic, I like to leave mine a little bigger, the flavor is more mild when left in bigger chunks and more potent when minced. Just a little FYI. 🙂
2. Cut 3 chicken breasts into 1 inch chunks and sprinkle them with 2 1/2 tsp N’Orleans Cajun seasoning.
Like this! 🙂 Toss the chicken around a bit, making sure it the seasoning is well-distributed.
3. Heat a large, deep skillet up over medium high heat. Add 1 Tb butter and 1 Tb olive oil to the pan. Allow it to heat through. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken has cooked through. Also, all Cajun Seasonings don’t contain salt. Be sure to read your jar and if salt hasn’t already been added then go ahead and sprinkle some on the chicken while it cooks.
4. Cook a (1 pound) package of fettuccine noodles according to package directions.
5. When the chicken has cooked through, remove it from the pan onto a plate and cover with foil.
6. Add 1 Tb oil and 1 Tb butter to the pan. Allow them to heat through and then scrape the chicken drippings from the bottom of the pan so they don’t burn. Add the cut veggies and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Add 2 cups of grape tomatoes. I happened to have both the yellow and red on hand, don’t they look pretty? 🙂 Allow the veggies to cook until crisp tender. Remove them to a plate and cover with foil.
8. To your pan add 2 1/2 C chicken broth and 1 C heavy cream, and 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning. Allow it to come to a simmer and let it bubble away for 3-4 minutes, making sure it doesn’t scorch.
9. In a small glass measuring cup mix 1 Tb cold water and 1 Tb cornstarch. Pour it into the bubbling pan and stir to combine. Once the mixture returns to a simmer it will thicken up just a bit for you.
9. Add the chicken and veggies to the creamy sauce. Make sure to add any juices that have dripped onto the plate from the cooked chicken and veggies. There’s a lot of flavor there you don’t want to miss!
Add the pasta as well and toss to combine. Allow it to simmer together for about 3 minutes.
10. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with 2 Tb fresh parsley and a generous amount of freshly cracked pepper. Give it a taste and add more salt and pepper to your liking.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman