I have always loved Teriyaki Chicken. There are several recipes in my archives, including this great Tasty Teriyaki Chicken (made in the crock pot), Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Salad with Sweet Teriyaki Vinaigrette, and this fabulous Teriyaki Chicken and Noodle Bowl. I love all of these recipes to the moon and back. Seriously. This new recipe I have to share with you today is equally as wonderful. It’s a super easy sheet pan recipe, where the veggies roast on one side of the pan while the chicken bakes on the other. A killer teriyaki sauce is drizzled over the chicken during the last few minutes of baking, creating a fabulous sticky coating.
Make it friends! Make it and love it. 🙂 I know I will be making it again soon.
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil.
3. Slice and chop 4 C broccoli, 2 C carrots, 1/2 a purple onion, 2 C snap peas, and 10 mini bell peppers. You want the veggies to be about the same size here. Keep that in mind when you are chopping them up. Lay them on 2/3 of each sheet pan.
4. Place 5 chicken tenders on the other 1/3 of the sheet pan. Drizzle about 1 tsp olive oil over the top of chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Drizzle 1-2 Tb of olive oil over the tops of the veggies and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss the veggies a bit to be sure all of them have a bit of oil on them.
6. Pop the pans in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is almost completely done.
7. While the meal is cooking in the oven, make the sauce. Into a deep skillet place 1 1/2 C cold water, 1/2 C soy sauce, 1 tsp granulated garlic, 1 tsp sesame oil, 3 Tb corn starch and 3/4 C brown sugar. Whisk it together to combine. Heat the mixture up over medium high heat (closer to high than to medium). Bring it to a boil and stir it continually while it thickens. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes or until nice and thick.
8. Remove the pans from the oven and drizzle some sauce over the chicken tenders. Return the pan to the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
Place some brown rice in each serving bowl and place the chicken and veggies on top. Drizzle more of the yummy sauce over the top of the veggies.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
A few more Teriyaki Chicken recipes for you…