Boy, do I have a delicious recipe for you all today. Biscuits and Gravy is one of those classic comfort foods, am I right? Hearty, satisfying and oh so delicious. This casserole version can be made for breakfast or dinner. It would be perfect to serve at a holiday brunch, or as breakfast on Christmas morning. 🙂
Hope some of you get a chance to try it!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grab 2 (16 ounce) cans of Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layer Biscuits.
Open up the cans and cut each biscuit into four chunks.
Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay half of the biscuit chunks out evenly over the bottom of the pan.
*NOTE* This casserole makes a very FULL 9×13 pan. Make sure you are using a pan that is nice and deep or use a pan that is larger than 9×13.
3. Pop the pan into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
4. While the biscuits are baking brown 1 pound sausage in a deep skillet over medium high heat.
5. In a small bowl combine 4 Tb flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Sprinkle it over the top of the browned sausage. Stir it well to combine.
6. Pour 2 1/2 C milk into the pan…
stir it in and allow the mixture to become thick and bubbly. Should take about 5 minutes.
7. Add 2 (10.5 ounce) cans of cream of mushroom soup (undiluted) and 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce. Stir it in to combine and allow it to heat through.
8. Carefully pour the sausage gravy over the top of the partially baked biscuits.
9. Layer the remaining biscuit chunks over the top of the gravy.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
10. Brush softened butter over the top of the biscuits.
Serve and enjoy!
Here’s the handy printable!
Recipe adapted from Family Fresh Recipes