I love the simple deliciousness of this easy recipe. The flavor combination of the lemon, honey and and fresh ginger is wonderful! The cooking method, super simple, my friends. Chicken chunks are cooked in a large skillet while a heavenly sauce is mixed up and cooked in a sauce pan. Add them together and vwalla…this heavenly dish is born. I served it with a side of broccoli and white rice, but brown rice or quinoa would be great as well. Super easy and seriously the flavor! You’ve got to give it a go. Hope some of you get a chance to do just that!
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 Tb olive and allow it to heat through. Add the chicken chunks and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, until browned on the outside and no longer pink on the inside. (Should only take about 10 minutes).
2. Mince your garlic and fresh ginger.
3. Grab a medium sized sauce pan, heat it over medium high heat. Add 1 Tb olive oil and allow it to heat through. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the it is fragrant and slightly golden brown. Careful not to burn.
4. In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Make sure everything is well combined.
5. Pour the sauce over the garlic and ginger. Stir to combine and allow to come to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once you have reached a nice boil, let it do so for about 2 minutes. The sauce will thicken and turn a bit darker.
6. Pour the sauce over the cooked chicken and stir, making sure all of the chicken is covered in sauce.