A couple weeks ago MyHandsomeHusband came home from work with a sampling of one of these bars for me. One of his coworkers had brought them along to share with the office, everyone loved them and being the good man he is, he scooped one up for his recipe seeking wife.
We love him, don’t we?
His coworkers were correct, they are amazing! They taste much like the Salted Nut Rolls you can buy at the store…but so, so much better. They have a sweet butterscotch filling, studded with marshmallows and sandwiched between two layers of salty peanuts. Fabulous flavor, wonderful texture!
Hope you love them! 🙂
Let me show you how to make it happen…
1. Grab a 16 ounce jar of salted cocktail peanuts (you need 3 cups total). Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking and pour half of the nuts into the bottom of the pan and spread them out evenly.
2. Pour 1 (11 ounce) bag of butterscotch chips into a sauce pan.
3. Add 1 (14 ounce) jar of sweetened condensed milk and 2 Tb butter.
4. Over medium high heat, allow the mixture to melt and become smooth. (Stirring constantly)
5. Pour half a (10 ounce) bag of miniature marshmallows into the melted mixture.
Stir to combine. You don’t want the marshmallows to become completely melted, just softened a bit.
6. Pour the mixture over the top of the nuts and spread it out evenly.
7. Add the rest of the nuts…
…and carefully press them into the pan.
8. Refrigerate for at least one hour, or until firmly set. You could even place the pan in the freezer if you are short on time.
9. Using a sharp knife, cut into bars.
Lovely! Now, please note…these bars are best served cold from the fridge or even the freezer. They tend to become pretty soft, especially in warmer climates.
Here’s the handy printable…
Here are a few more of my favorite bars!