Several weeks ago I was on the look out for a “healthy snack” to bring along to our Young Womens activity. I spied these delicious looking No-Bake Granola Bites on my cute friend Mel’s blog and gave them a whirl. Wow. Holy cow. I’m not sure if they are considered healthy if you eat more than 1 or 2 (or 10!) in a sitting, but baby they are really something. They do have all kinds of healthy ingredients like oats, flax seed, chia seeds and coconut oil. Also featured is peanut butter, honey, mini chocolate chips and coconut. They are so good. They taste about a million times better than your average store-purchased granola bar. And I mean…a million, sister.
My kids loved them, the Young Women loved them (or so I am told!), I loved them, my hubby loved them!
I bet you will too! You can keep them chilled in the fridge for a week, on in the freezer for several months.
Let me show you how to make them happen!
1. Grab a large bowl. Place 1 C ground flaxseed, 1/3 C chia seeds, 2 Tb coconut oil…
2 C quick cooking oats, 1 C rice krispie cereal, 1/3 C sweetened coconut, 1 C mini chocolate chips, 1 C creamy or chunky peanut butter, and 2 tsp vanilla into the bowl.
2. Pour 2/3 C honey into the bowl…
and stir well to combine, making sure the binding ingredients (ie, coconut oil, peanut butter and honey) are well-distributed.
3. Scoop the mixture into balls and place them on parchment paper. Spray your hands with cooking spray and roll the balls in the palm of your hand until the outsides are nice and smooth.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. Make sure to place parchment paper between the layers so they don’t stick together.
5. Once they are chilled, you can serve them or store them in a ziploc bag in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for several months.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe