Sour Cream Banana Bread
I have a fantastic *new* banana bread recipe for you all today. There are already several great banana bread recipes in my archives (each wonderful and fabulous in its own right, click HERE and HERE to see a sampling) however, a girl cannot have live by one or two Banana Bread recipes alone, am I right? This recipe I brought along to share with you today is super moist and has a great rich flavor (thanks to the sour cream). My family gave it the thumbs up, my friends. I sure hope yours does, too!
4 C sugar
1 1/3 C canola or vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 C sour cream
4 C flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Into your stand mixer place the bananas and eggs. Beat until well combined.
3. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla and sour cream. Beat until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl toss together the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet, making sure not to over mix.
5. Line 3 loaf pans with parchment paper and spray the insides with cooking spray.
6. Carefully pour the batter into the pans.
7. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Allow the pans to rest on the counter for 5 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and cool completely. (Or cut and serve while warm, either way is great!)
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net
Recipe from my beautiful friend Cindi Schut
Looking for more wonderful Banana Recipes? Here are a few of my favorites…
Banana Bread Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
Butterfinger Banana Pudding
Soft Frosted Banana Bread Cookies
Glazed Banana Bars