Hold on to your hats everybody, I’ve got a healthy recipe for you today. Oven Baked Onion Rings are the topic of discussion on this stormy spring day. These yummy Onion Rings are a fun little project that everyone in my family loves to gobble up.
Yes, even the boy who says he “hates” onions.
I think he’s just afraid of having onion breath.
You know how everything is so embarrassing when you are in middle school. I wouldn’t want him to be forced to breath his onion breath on any of the “SeriouslyHotGirls” he keeps telling me about.
“Seriously, Mom…..SO HOT.” are his exact words.
Puts a smile on my face, that he’s willing to chat with me about things like this. Sure hope it lasts!
On second thought….eat all the onion rings you want buddy! Let’s keep the “SeriouslyHotGirls” interested in someone else.
Here’s to the power of onion breath….hope you get stricken with some today.
Healthy Oven Baked Onion Rings
Yield: 6 Servings
Time: 1 hour
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up
5 large onions
1 C milk
1 C flour
2-3 C Italian bread crumbs
1. Slice your onions into rings.
2. Pour your flour out onto a plate and dredge each ring in the flour one at a time. Place the rings on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Slide the cookie sheet in your freezer for about 15 minutes.
4. Pour the milk into a shallow pan (I use a pie dish) and dredge each onion rings in the milk.
5. Put the bread crumbs in a shallow pan (pie dish for this step as well folks) and dredge each onion ring in the bread crumbs.
6. Place on a sprayed cookie sheet and bake at 400 for about 20 minutes. You want your rings to lay flat on the sheet, so you may need to use 2 cookies sheets depending on how big your onions are.
Serve with ketchup or BBQ sauce.