Oh sweet mystery of life.
You are going to love this delectable dessert.
You are going to love that it is EASY-PEASY to prepare.
I recently made a big fancy-pancy-time-consuming-
layered-chocolate-toffee cake and guess what….
it wasn’t nearly as good as this simple dessert!
Don’t you love it when simple turns into
“holy cats, I need another bite of that dreamy cake this minute!”
I told you…
it’s a sweet mystery of life.
Chocolate Candy Bar Cake
Yield: 12 servings
Time: 45 minutes + time to cool completely
Recipe from Rachel Eskelson
1 Devils Food Cake Mix + ingredients to make cake
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
2 -12 oz. packages skor or heath bits
1 -8 oz container cool whip
1. Bake your cake.
If I’d a know you were comin I’d a baked a cake..
baked a cake…
baked a cake…
2. When it comes out of the oven use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
3. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk into the holes. Then drizzle the caramel ice cream topping into the holes….oh sweet mystery of life meets….baked a cake, baked a cake.
4. Pour 1 1/2 bags of toffee over the top of the cake.
5. Let the cake cool completely. Spread the cool whip over the cooled cake, really cool like, cuz that’s what you are. Really cool like.
6. Pour the rest of the toffe pieces onto the cool whip.
7. Refrigerate leftovers. That’s funny, isn’t it. Like there will be any!