Is your mother fun?
Is your mother both of these?
Could she, would she, be all three?
Might as well bake up a batch of Conversation Cupcakes, and let her know how you feel about her!
All you need to make these fun Conversation Cupcakes
is a cake mix, a batch of Butter-cream Frosting,
and a few mini chocolate chips.
Make the signs out of some toothpicks, cute paper and a glue gun!
Then round up a whole slew of folks ready to write the things they love most about dear old Mom (or grandma).
I bet you’ll get a hug and a kiss out of it….
The Grandmother (my mom)
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Time: 45 minutes
1 cake mix + ingredients to make the cake
1/2 C mini chocolate chips
Butter cream Frosting:
1/2 C softened butter (1 stick)
1/2 C butter flavored shortening
3 1/2 – 4 C powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
1 – 2 T milk
1. Make the cupcakes according to package directions. Let them cool on a wire rack.
2. For the butter cream frosting mix the softened butter and shortening in your Kitchen Aid or with a hand held mixer, for about 2 minutes.
3. Add about 1/2 of the powdered sugar, the vanilla and just a bit of the milk. Mix well.
4. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and mix. If the frosting is too thick, add a bit more milk. If it’s too thin add some more powdered sugar. Add the food coloring and mix well.
5. When the cupcakes are cool frost them up.
6. Make your little conversation posts and you are good to go!