Suffice it to say, that I would be remiss if I didn’t post something wonderful for your French Dip Sandwiches!
Sweet Potato Fries.
I have always wanted to try making them. They look so tasty with their lovely orange color. I was not disappointed!
I made a very EASY, two ingredient sauce to go with them. I couldn’t get enough of that sauce. YUM.
Some of my children wanted to drink it.
One of my kids said it was “Just OK, Mom”.
No harm done. All the more sauce and fries for those of us who appreciate fine flavor.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 7 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
5 small yams (“sweet potatoes” are actually a white-ish color on the inside…you want the lovely orange yams for this recipe.)
3 T olive oil
2 t Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 t Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
1/3 C light Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
1/3 C Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
1. Peel your yams.
2. Cut them into sticks and put them in a large bowl. It’s important that the sticks are about the same size so they cook evenly. Don’t get a ruler out or anything guys….just eye ball it.
3. Drizzle your olive oil over the top of the yams. Get your hands in the bowl and coat the beautiful yams with the oil.
4. Mix the Montreal Steak Seasoning and the Johnny’s Season Salt together in a small bowl.
5. Pour it over the top of the yams. Mix it well so that all the fries have oil and seasoning on them.
6. Spray two large cookie sheets with cooking spray and lay the fries out on to the sheets. They shouldn’t touch each other, now. You want them to keep their distance so each has the opportunity to get nice and golden-ish color. Orange-ish, golden is what I really meant to say. Trust me….you want the orange-ish golden. It’s a good thing.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes. Take the pans out of the oven. With a spatula or fork turn all of the fries over so they have a chance to cook on the other side. Return the pans to the oven and cook for 8 more minutes, or until soft on the inside. Serve hot with THE SAUCE.
1. Mix the sauce ingredients together well with a spoon. Wow. That was so easy. I love it when things are super easy…especially when they are super yummy. Makes my day, actually. Hope it makes yours!