And now I will reveal to you all….
In case you didn’t know it…
I would not tell a lie on this little ol’ blog.
(ok…so I am actually posting this during the last 3 hours of November, don’t judge me too harshly.)
The treat making month of the year has begun!
And boy, (or girl…which ever you may be)
do I have a fabulous Holiday Treat Line Up, just for you!
Before we begin with sugary confection number one,
I wanted to make you aware
of a little event that will be taking place in
Herriman, Utah this Friday.
What does the event have to do with this blog?
Well…the event has to do with food.
(It’s a bake sale!)
It has to do with a family in need.
A family with one dad, one mom and six children.
It has to do with Kimberly Allred…
…the mother of this family, who unfortunately has been suffering for many years with Crone’s Disease.
Kimberly and her family are in great need of financial help. She has spent countless days this past year in the hospital, and has suffered through four surgeries since June. I can’t imagine how difficult this must be for her, and her family.
If you are available and in the area Kimberly’s friends and family would love to see you at a bake sale being held in her honor.
Here are the details.
Bake Sale for Kimberly Allred
Friday, December 3rd
Juniper Point Clubhouse
4831 W Riverchase Rd (14745 South)
Herriman, UT 84096
I will be firing up my oven on Friday to make some loaves of
Fabulous French Bread, to donate to this Bake Sale.
Hope you can make it!
And finally an introduction of sorts.
Double Chocolate Cake with Homemade Hot Fudge.
It’s down right melt-in-your-mouth heavenly.
It’s really easy.
I won’t tell, if you wont.
You are going to be glad you met this cake!
When you show up your holiday parties with this baby in tow….everyone is going to be glad they know you!
It’s a win, win.
Here she is in all her glory, recipe and all.
Double Chocolate Cake with
Homemade Hot Fudge
Time: 20 min. hands on + 50 minutes baking
Yield: 12 servings
Recipe for the cake from Cindi Schut
Recipe for the Hot Fudge from MyHandsomeHusband
1 devils food cake mix
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
1/3 C flour
1/3 C oil
1 1/2 C water
1 t vanilla
1/3 C sour cream
1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C milk chocolate chips
***Note: Use regular sized chocolate chips here. The large ones will make a big mess!***
HOMEMADE HOT FUDGE:
2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
2 T cornstarch
1 C sugar
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
2 T butter
1 t vanilla
dash of salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, or in your stand mixer add the cake mix, pudding and 1/3 C flour. Stir it all around to combine.
2. Add all other cake ingredients (but the chocolate chips). Mix on low for about 1 minute. Then mix on medium speed until the batter is nice and smooth. This should take about 2 minutes.
3. Spray a bundt pan generously with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan.
4. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the cake batter.
5. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. (For convection ovens bake at 325 for 40 minutes)
6. Invert your cake onto a cooling rack if you are several hours away from serving. However it is just DOWN RIGHT LUSCIOUS warm from the oven. If you are going to serve it right away, invert it directly onto your serving platter.
HOMEMADE HOT FUDGE
1. In the bottom of a medium sized sauce pan combine the cocoa, cornstarch and sugar.
2. Pour your can of milk over the top of the dry ingredients. Add the vanilla, pinch of salt and only 1 T of the butter.
3. Stir the concoction up over medium heat. After it comes to a boil cook for 3 more minutes while stirring. The sauce should thicken as it boils.
4. Remove it from the heat and add 1 more T of butter. Stir the butter around until incorporated. Let it sit for about 10 minutes before pouring it on your cake.
***NOTE: If you would like to freeze this cake, please do. This cake and the freezer are good pals. Just remember NOT to pour the hot fudge on until you are ready to serve it. When you are ready to eat this lovely confection heat the cake up in the microwave. Heat the Hot Fudge up as well and pour it over the top of the cake. You will be all set.***