Hey there guys and gals.
This is my last Christmas Treat recipe post for this week.
I’ll be taking a little break tomorrow,
but will return next week with
the last two treat recipes for the series.
I just may have saved the the best for last.
I hope you have been enjoying all of the goodies!
Lucky for you and I…
looking at all of these tasty treats is calorie free.
Hot dog, right!?
These Peppermint Dipped Oreos are very simple to make.
No candy thermometer needed.
Do not turn on your oven, no need to bake.
They come together in a jiffy and
look cute all wrapped up as a gift.
Peppermint Dipped Oreos
Time: 30 min. hands on + 30 minutes to set up
Yield: 30 dipped cookies
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 regular sized package Winter Oreos
1 package white candy melts
1 package red candy melts
1 package peppermint candy canes
Candy Melts can be found at Walmart, or any craft store.
1. Toss some of the candy canes in a small food processor and grind them into small pieces.
2. Pour the white candy melts into a glass measuring cup. (The pint size works the best) Heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Heat again for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the candy has melted and is nice and smooth.
3. Carefully place an Oreo into the melted candy.
4. Use a spoon to turn the Oreo over in the chocolate so it can get nice and coated. Using two spoons, pick the Oreo up and let the candy drip off the cookie. You don’t want to have TOO much coating.
5. Lay the covered cookie on some wax paper. Smooth the chocolate over the top with the back of a spoon.
6. Sprinkle with candy cane pieces.
6. Melt the red candy using the before mentioned steps, and dip more cookies…
and then just have a fun time drizzling…
and swirling this lovely candy around and on top of the cookies.
Because it’s kind of fun…and Christmas is about fun isn’t it? Fun and joy and merry merry ding a ling.
7. Let the cookies set up for about 30 minutes and you are ready to go. Give them, eat them, wrap them…enjoy them. 🙂
For a complete list of Holiday Treats