This past Friday I posted a list of 10 Fabulous Summer Reads, along with a little giveaway. The winner, by the way, of the $50 Amazon Gift Card is Wendy, email address email@example.com. Congratulations to you.
Anyhow, I always worry a little bit when I post something that is non food related. Will it be well received, will you find it useful, will someone boo and hiss and lobby for more butter and less pish posh about summer reading.
These are my very serious concerns.
I was thrilled to see that many of you are interested in book suggestions! Hot dog. I knew we had a lot in common. If you missed the post, click here for my list of great reads. If you are looking for 425 recommendations for a good, captivating and inspirational book…then read the comments left at the bottom of the post. Thanks so much to all of you who entered the giveaway and for your book suggestions.
Now, how about a little salad conversation. What do you think?
Everyone needs a fairly long list of salads they can take to share at a potluck, or BBQ or family outing. Am I right? This Creamy Ranch, Bacon and Tomato Pasta Salad is just the thing for summer. It’s creamy, flavorful and delicious.
My daughter Emily was just here leaning over my shoulder as I typed saying “Why haven’t you posted that salad yet, Mom. People are going to LOVE it. Can you make it again tomorrow?”
I just might. 🙂 Hope you try it and love it.
Creamy Ranch, Bacon and Tomato Pasta Salad
Time: 20 minutes prep + 1 hour to chill
Yield: 10 large servings
Recipe adapted from my dear sister in law Cynthia Gull
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE
1 (16 ounce) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 (16 ounce) package large shell pasta
1 1/2 pounds grape tomatoes
3 green onions, chopped
3/4 C sour cream
3/4 C mayonnaise
3/4 C buttermilk
1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix
salt and pepper
1. Cook your bacon, either on the stove top or on a large cookie sheet in your oven. When it is cooked through remove it to a plate and pat the grease off with some paper towels. Set it aside.
2. Boil your pasta according to package directions. Pour it into a strainer that you have placed in your sink. Pour cold water all over the pasta until it comes to room temperature. Set it aside.
3. Slice the little grape tomatoes in half and toss them into a large mixing bowl.
4. Chop up 3 green onions and add them to the tomatoes.
5. Pour your cooked pasta into the bowl.
6. In a small mixing bowl combine 3/4 C sour cream, 3/4 Cup mayonnaise, 3/4 C buttermilk and one Hidden Valley Ranch packet.
Stir it well to combine, making sure all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
7. Crumble up your bacon and add it to the pasta mixture.
8. Pour half of the dressing over the top of the pasta and stir it well. Cover and refrigerate for one hour, or until you are ready to serve. Make sure to refrigerate the remaining dressing as well.
9. When you are ready to eat this tasty salad, pour the remaining dressing over the top. Stir it well, making sure all of the ingredients are covered with dressing. Taste it and add a bit of salt and pepper if needed.
Serve and Enjoy!