Today, I am sharing a super EASY dinner recipe with you. The words Easy and Dinner just belong in the same sentence, don’t they! I know you agree. Getting dinner on the table in a swift manner is a blessing. Kraft has developed a new line of products, Kraft Recipe Makers, that helps families get dinner on the table quickly, without sacrificing flavor.
In every box there are two tasty sauces. You mix them with your own fresh ingredients…pasta, chicken and cheese in the case of the recipe I am sharing today. And that’s it! Dinner is done and on the table and wow, will your family be smiling! Now the only thing you could possibly have left to do is the dishes. And then I bet you need to help with a little homework, solve a few sibling squabbles, sweep the floor, run Joe to ball practice, help Mary practice the piano, wash your face and kiss your sweetheart. All in a good day of fun, right? 🙂 Life can get so hectic and busy! It’s nice to have at least one chore simplified now and then. Thank you Kraft!
I enlisted the help of my daughter Anna and my nieces Belle, Hannah and Salena to put together a little video about Kraft Recipe Makers. My sister Valerie Crosby, mom-in-law Jill Eskelson and cousin Barb Griffis helped put it together. We had a fun time!
Now, let me show you how easy this meal is to put together.
Basil Marinara Chicken and Pasta
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe adapted from Kraft
1/2 (16 ounce) box medium shell pasta
2 large chicken breasts (1 1/2 pounds)
1 box Kraft Recipe Makers Chicken Bruschetta Pasta
2 T butter
1 C grated parmesan cheese, divided
1. Find a medium-sized sauce pan and fill it with hot water. Bring it to a boil, then add half a 1 pound box of medium shell pasta. Cook the pasta until it’s still a bit firm in the center. Pour the pasta into a colander you have placed in your sink. Run warm water over it.
2. Slice 2 large chicken breasts into thin strips with a pair of sharp kitchen scissors. Heat a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Pour 1-2 tablespoons of the Basil Garlic sauce into the pan. Add the chicken and pour all but half of the sauce over it. Give everything a nice stir so the chicken gets coated with the sauce.
3. Allow the chicken to cook through, stirring occasionally. The sauce will start to cook down and evaporate. Once this happens the chicken will start to get a pretty sear along each piece. This will add a lot of flavor.
4. When the chicken has cooked through and is golden brown add the pasta and the remaining Basil Garlic sauce. 5. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese. Give it a stir to incorporate.
6. Carefully pour the chunky bruschetta sauce over the top of the pasta and chicken.
7. Top with the remaining 2/3 cup parmesan cheese. Turn the heat off and cover the pan so the cheese can melt. Serve and enjoy!
Kraft and BlogHer are offering one of you wonderful readers a $100 Visa Gift Card. To enter the giveaway just leave me a comment telling me what kind of yummy week night meal you would make with these sauces.
Rules: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods: a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post b) Pin an image on Pinterest that either (i) is your favorite two-sauce dish or (ii) is from one of the Promotion’s participating blog posts, including exactly the following unique term in the Description field: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that pin in a comment on this post c) Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post d) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post e) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry. This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/9/13 – 10/27/13.