Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream, my friends. It is dreamy beyond belief. Rich, creamy and loaded with ribbons of blueberry sauce, chunky graham cracker crust and sweet cheesecake flavored ice cream. I dare say it might be the best ice cream I have ever made. Which is a darn good thing, considering the fact that I sent my teenage son to the store to pick up the ingredients to make it (forgetting to give him the blasted Grocery Discount Card…and can I just give a small shout out to Smith’s Grocery Store…why do we need to carry a card around to get the sale prices you offer? Thank you for listening to this small tirade) and he accidentally paid $35 for everything I needed. Thirty-Five Dollars, people. For ingredients to make 2 quarts of ice cream. That’s a pretty tough pill to swallow, yes? Isn’t that like $5 a bite, or something?
Note to self. Teach the boy to grocery shop before he goes out into the world and also teach him to collect the receipt at the end of his shopping experience just in case he needs to trot back to the store to obtain the sale price on 4 pounds of blueberries, cream and a graham cracker crust.
Now, dear reader. Please don’t let this little grocery store blunder make you leery of making this ice cream. It will not cost you $35 dollars, to be sure, and is it worth every single bite.
Make it this summer! Serve it to your friends, neighbors and to all of the blueberry lovers in your life. They will love you for it. 🙂
Also, did you know that July is national Ice Cream Month? It is! Several of my blogging friends have put recipes together to celebrate today. You can see them by scrolling to the end of the post. You can also follow along on Instagram at #celebratingfood2015 and #nationalicecreamday and #icecreammonth.
Now, let’s make some killer fabulous ice cream!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
***NOTE: To save time, it’s a good idea to make the blueberry sauce 2 or so hours a head of time, so it has time to chill before you add it to the ice cream. Also, be sure your ice cream maker is large enough to mix 2 quarts of ice cream. If it’s not, be prepared to mix it in two batches. ***
1. Grab 1 1/4 C fresh or frozen blueberries and place them in a medium-sized sauce pan.
2. Add 1/2 C sugar, 1 Tb cornstarch, 1/2 C water and 1 Tb lemon juice (bottled is fine). Give it all a nice stir and bring it to a boil over medium high heat. Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
Should look about like this. Pour it into a small container, cover and refrigerate until chilled, should take 1-2 hours.
3. Into a large bowl place 1 1/2 C sugar, 4 C heavy whipping cream, 2 C milk, 2 tsp vanilla and 1 (3.4 ounce) instant cheesecake pudding mix. Whisk it together to combine.
4. Pour it into your ice cream maker and mix according to package directions. I have a machine that only makes 1 quart of ice cream at a time so I had to mix it in two batches.
5. Grab a premade graham cracker crust and break it into chunks with a butter knife.
6. When the ice cream is done churning (and is nice and thick), pour it into two quart-sized containers. I opted to use two metal bread pans. Drop spoonfuls of the blueberry sauce over the top of the ice cream.
7. Sprinkle the graham cracker crust over the top.
Swirl it all together with a butter knife.
8. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Check out these wonderful looking ice cream recipes from my blogging friends. You can find the links below…
No Churn Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream from Like Mother Like Daughter
No Churn Turtle Ice Cream from Summer Scraps
Easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake from Butter with a Side of Bread
Cheesecake Ice Cream from Ashlee Marie
No Churn Neapolitan Ice Cream from Tried and Tasty
No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Cupcake Diaries
Coconut Almond Ice Cream Squares from Real Mom Kitchen
Rhubarb Anise Dairy Free Ice Cream from Healthy Food Happy Life
White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream from Creations by Kara
And a few more from my archives…
More Ice Cream Recipes from my blogging friends…
Lemon Curd Ice Cream from Real Mom Kitchen
S’mores Ice Cream from Real Mom Kitchen
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches from Real Mom Kitchen
Dulch de Lech Ice Cream from Real Mom Kitchen
Brown Sugar Ice Cream from Real Mom Kitchen
Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream from Ashlee Marie
Creamy Peanut Butter Ice Cream from Ashlee Marie
Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream from Ashlee Marie
Chocolate Banana Ice Cream from Butter with a Side of Bread
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream from Creations by Kara
No Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Like Mother Like Daughter
Salted Caramel Pecan Ice Cream from Like Mother Like Daughter