Last week I went grocery shopping with the amazing Shandra Madsen from Deals to Meals. She helped me save a ton of money on groceries and gave me some great new recipes to try. (A post coming this week about our shopping trip and how you can save money on your groceries as well!)
Shandra and I bought the ingredients for these Mexican Pork Street Tacos, and can I just tell you, they are smack down fabulous. Every single person in my family devoured several. Even my little boys who tried to make a redonkulous statement like “I don’t really love Mexican food Mom, I don’t want to try them.” As it turns out even those making this false proclamation loved the tacos. They gobbled them up in no time flat. That is a fine dinner time moment this mother can appreciate.
Here’s what you should know about these fabulous Tacos! The pork is seasoned, slow cooked, shredded and then sprinkled with a simple but amazing seasoning blend. (I bet you have all the ingredients in your cupboard right this very instant). Tortillas are heated on a griddle, sprinkled with cheese, pork, fresh pico di gallo and smothered in an AMAZING Creamy Taco Sauce (again, using ingredients you most likely have on hand). The combination is absolutely wonderful, friends.
I can’t wait to make them again!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Grab 4 pounds of pork sirloin roast. If you’ve had the meat in the freezer, make sure it is thawed completely. Spray a 3-4 quart crock pot with cooking spray and add the meat.
2. Sprinkle the meat generously with Montreal steak seasoning, granulated garlic and salt and pepper.
Add 1/4 C water to the bottom of the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
3. When the pork is cooked through and tender, drain all but about 1/3 C of the liquid and shred the meat up with two forks.
4. Into a small bowl combine 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp onion salt, 1 tsp granulated garlic and 1/2 tsp pepper. Stir to combine and pour it over the cooked meat. Stir it into the meat.
5. To make the Creamy Taco Sauce combine 1 Tb lime juice, 1/2 C sour cream, 1/2 C mayonnaise and 2 Tb taco seasoning.
Stir it well. This sauce is the bomb, man. Seriously. I feel like drenching every mexican recipe I have in it. Yum. Don’t skip the sauce, friends.
7. Heat up a large griddle. Spray it generously with cooking spray. Place corn (or flour) tortillas on the hot griddle. When they start to bubble up, flip them over.
Sprinkle with Fiesta Blend cheese. Allow the cheese to melt.
Top with some of the amazing shredded pork.
Add the pico…
and drizzle some of the Creamy Taco Sauce over the top.
Enjoy! I bet you can’t eat just one…:)
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe adapted from the amazing Shandra Madsen of Deals to Meals