I’ve got a great Mexican Shredded Beef recipe for you today that is packed with flavor and super easy to make. You can use the meat to make tacos, burritos, enchiladas or a great big tasty Cafe Rio Style Salad complete with Cilantro Lime Rice and Cilantro Dressing (which is my favorite way to eat it!)
Hope some of you get a chance to try it!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Grab a 3 pound chuck roast. Spray a 3 quart crock pot with cooking spray and place the beef inside.
2. Into a large glass measuring cup pour 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce, 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce and 1 C beef broth. Add 1 Tb cumin, 1/4 tsp chili powder, 3 cloves garlic and 1 Tb melted butter.
Give it a nice stir to combine.
Pour it over the top of the beef.
3. Slice 1 onion into thin strips and place them over the top of the beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
4. Remove the onions from the pot.
5. Carefully place the meat on a plate…
and shred it up with two forks. Place the meat back in the crock pot and cook on high for an additional 1 hour.
Serve in tortillas with cheese, sour cream, lettuce, salsa and tomatoes.
You could also serve it Cafe Rio style, in a big salad with cilantro lime rice and cilantro lime dressing. You could even turn it into shredded beef enchiladas! Lots of possibilities here!
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe adapted from One Good Thing By Jillee