I have a great (simple!) recipe for you all today for Chicken Fajita Nachos that is super delicious. They make fantastic game day food, could work as a hearty lunch or as a simple dinner as well. Lots of possibilities with this one, gang. They come together in about 30 minutes, making them quick and easy. A few of my kids claim that the hate chicken fajitas…however, they really love these nachos. Not sure if it’s the crispy texture of the tortilla chips that house the saucy peppers and onions…or the generous amount of melted cheese on the top (could be either, right!) but they were a hit with my kids.
Hope some of you get a chance to try them!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Remove the seeds and stem from 2 green peppers and 2 red peppers. Slice into thin strips. Peel and slice 1 red onion and peel and mince 3 cloves of garlic.
3. Heat a large deep skillet up over medium high heat. Add 2 Tb olive oil and allow the oil to heat through. Add the veggies and cook until crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
If they are getting dark on the outsides and not cooking on the inside, add just a bit of water to create some steam.
5. When the veggies are done cooking, shred 2 C rotisserie chicken and add it to the pan.
6. In a glass measuring cup mix 1 (1.25 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix, 1 Tb taco seasoning and 1/4 C of water. Pour it into the pan and stir to combine.
7. Squeeze the juice of half of a lime into the pan. Give everything a nice stir and taste it. Add a bit more taco seasoning if it needs more flavor. Allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Then remove the pan from the heat and prepare to build some nachos!
I love these Multigrain Quino chips and buy them in a big bag at Costco. They are nice and hearty, making them a perfect foundation for these saucy nachos.
8. Line a large cookie sheet with tin foil and spray it with cooking spray. Spread some of the chips out evenly over the pan, allowing some to over lap each other.
9. Carefully spoon the fajita mixture over the top of the chips.
10. Sprinkle with 2 C shredded Mexican Blend Cheese.
11. Pop them in the oven and bake just until the cheese has melted. Should only take 2-3 minutes.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here’s the handy printable!
Recipe adapted from my cute sister in law, Rachel Eskelson