If I could do anything within my power to convince you to make this heavenly dessert, I would do it! Friends, please take me seriously when I tell you of the sheer bliss of its deliciousness. My kids and I were swooning over it, truly. A flaky puff pastry crust is spread with a silky nutella filling, topped with cool whip and studded with fresh raspberries. It’s simple to put together, but makes a beautiful presentation as well.
Make it for your valentine! You won’t be sorry. 🙂
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grab a box of Puff Pastry. You can find this in the frozen food section of your local grocery store.
There are two packages per box. You only need one sheet. Carefully wrap the remaining sheet securely in the paper and put it back in the box. Store it in the freezer.
3. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and carefully open the sheet of puff pastry and lay it out flat. Allow it to defrost, should take about 10 minutes.
4. Take a sharp knife and score the sheet, about an inch away from the edge making sure not to cut all the way through the dough.
5. Grab an egg and whisk it well.
Brush it along the scored edges of the puff pastry.
6. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar along the edges, over the top of the egg.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the pastry has…puffed. 🙂
8. With a sharp knife, re-score the edges of the pastry, making sure not to cut all the way to the bottom.
Gently press the inside of the pastry down. Allow it to cool.
9. Into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl place 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese and 1 1/4 C nutella. Beat until nice and smooth. Add 2 C cool whip and beat to combine.
10. Add the chocolate mixture to the cooled puff pastry.
Spread it out evenly.
11. Add several large dollops (about 1 1/2 cups total) of cool whip onto the chocolate filling.
Spread it out evenly, allowing for about 1 inch of the chocolate to show through.
12. Grab a 6 ounce package of fresh raspberries.
Place them out evenly, in rows over the top of the cool whip. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you so choose.
13. Slice with a sharp knife into squares and serve.
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
What else can you do with Puff Pastry? Here are a couple more recipes that we love…