I’m super excited to share this amazing recipe with you all today! Of all the new recipes I’ve tried over the past few weeks this is by far my favorite. These wonderful muffins are loaded with chocolate chips and have the most amazing texture. The inside is super soft and moist (brown spotted bananas will do that to a recipe, as you know), and the tops have a slightly crispy texture that is out of this world delicious. Seriously, friends. They are fantastic. My kids and I were dying over them. They are quite simply…happiness in muffin form.
As an added bonus, I would wager you have everything on hand to make them right this very second, including those spotted bananas sitting on your counter staring you right in your very face. 🙂
Hope some of you get a chance to try them and I double hope you love them as much as we do!
Let me show you how to make them happen!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grab 3-4 spotted bananas. (You need 1 1/2-2 cups mashed banana, total).
3. Using an electric beater, blend the bananas with 1 egg.
4. Add 1/3 C oil and 1 C sugar to the mixture and blend to combine.
5. Add 1 tsp vanilla and stir to combine.
6. It a separate bowl (or into a sifter) place 1 1/2 C flour, 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt. Sift the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and stir to combine. Make sure not to over mix.
7. Fold in 1 C chocolate chips.
8. Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners and spray them with cooking spray.
9. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with about 1 tsp of sugar…
and 5-10 chocolate chips. Don’t they look lovely? The sugar and chocolate chips on top of each muffin really adds to the fabulous texture.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow them to rest in the pan for about 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. They are wonderful served warm or at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container. (If there are any left!)
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe adapted from Chef in Training
A few more fabulous muffin recipes!