It’s no secret that I am in love with Sheet Pan dinner recipes. I love the ease of cooking both protein and veggies on two large sheet pans. Not only does it allow for easy prep, easy clean up and tons of different flavor combinations, but roasted vegetables are seriously the bomb. It’s by far the yummiest, most delicious way to cook them. Trust me on this, guys. If you haven’t tried any of my Sheet Pan Recipes please do so at your earliest convenience. You’ll see a few links at the end of this post to get you going.
Or, you could just try my latest Sheet Pan installment and give this amazing Sheet Pan Hawaiian Chicken and Veggies a go. The peppers and onions take on a fabulous flavor once roasted and the homemade Hawaiian sauce is amazing. It’s cooked on the stove top while the chicken and veggies roast in the oven and then poured over the top of the sheet pans creating a delightful, sticky coating that is down right scrumptious.
Hope some of you get a chance to try it!
Let’s do it!
1. Preheat your oven to 420 degrees.
2. Grab a (20 ounce) can of pineapple chunks. Pour as much juice as you can into a large glass measuring cup.
3. Chop 1 red onion, 2 green peppers, 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper into large 1-2 inch chunks. You’ll want to be sure that they are all about the same size so they cook evenly.
4. Cut 3 chicken breasts into 1 inch chunks.
5. Place the chicken, veggies and pineapple chunks into a large bowl.
6. Drizzle 3-4 Tb olive oil into the bowl and toss to coat.
7. Sprinkle the chicken and veggies with garlic salt and lemon pepper.
8. Stir to combine.
9. Line two large baking sheets with tin foil and spread the mixture out evenly over them.
10. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are crisp tender.
11. While the pans are roasting away, make the heavenly sauce. Take the reserved pineapple juice (you should have about 1 C of pineapple juice, if you aren’t quite there, add a bit of water to bring the measurement to a full cup) and add to it 1/4 C water, 3/4 C apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp chicken bullion granules, 1 C sugar, 1 Tb brown sugar, 2 Tb cornstarch, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp ginger and 1/2 tsp lemon pepper.
12. Whisk it together to combine, making sure the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
13. Pour the liquid into a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Allow it to boil for 2 minutes.
14. When the chicken has cooked through and the veggies are crisp tender, pour 1/3 of the sauce over the top of each pan (leaving about 1/3 of it in the sauce pan to drizzle over each individual serving).
15. Stir the sauce into the chicken and veggies so that everything gets nice and coated.
16. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the sauce bubbles up a bit and becomes nice and sticky.
17. Serve in individual bowls with white rice and the additional sauce poured over the top.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
More sheet pan recipes!