Caramel Apple Sheet Cake
If you only try one new fall recipe this season, my friends…please try this one. It is beyond scrumptious and is really so very easy. The cake is super moist and flavorful, studded with tender apple chunks, and topped with a heavenly caramel glaze. It is fabulous!
Hope some of you get a chance to try ti!
Happy Fall! 🙂
2 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar (loosely packed)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 C butter
1 C water
1/2 C buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
2 C chopped apples
1/2 C butter
1/4 C milk
3 1/2 C powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 C caramel sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl, place the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix together to combine.
3. Into a medium sized sauce pan place the butter and water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and mix on low for 2 minutes.
4. Add the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
5. Fold in the apples.
6. Spray a large cookie sheet (mine is 11x17) and pour the batter onto it. Spread it out evenly with a knife. Make sure that the apple pieces are evenly distributed.
7. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. To make the glaze, place the butter and milk in a large glass measuring cup. Heat in the microwave until melted. Add the other ingredients and whisk to combine.
9. Pour the glaze over the cake while it is still warm.
Serve immediately, or allow to cool and serve at room temperature. Either way, it is scrumptious!
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net
Recipe adapted from Handle the Heat
Hope you love it!
Looking for more caramel apple recipes? Give these a try…
Apple Cider Caramels
Soft Frosted Caramel Apple Cookies
Caramel Apple Pie
Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Bundt
Apple Pie Caramel Apples