Who’d a thunk.
It looks like Spring is going to join us after all!
I have seen green lawns poking up everywhere and
heard birds chirping out side my window.
Bright colored tulips and daffodils are popping up all around.
(It’s true. This is no joke.)
I have even watched short little boys and girls
running around in a herd chasing a soccer ball.
(And….it wasn’t even snowing while I watched the game. A lovely bonus.)
What does all this mean?
Shut the back door, and sing hallelujah!
Why not make a little batch of these
Rice Krispie Spring Treats to celebrate?
Sounds like fun to me.
Along with the recipe I’ve added a link to a printable page for the tags you see in the pictures.
If you are a cute-little-printable-tag type of a gal (or guy)
then, print some off and enjoy!
Rice Krispie Spring Treats
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 24 little nests
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
6 C Rice Krispies Cereal
7 C mini marshmallows
1/2 t vanilla
1/8 t salt
4 T butter
1 jar cream cheese frosting
1 C coconut
1 drop green food coloring
1 package Hershey Candy Coated Chocolate Eggs
24 Popsicle/craft sticks
1. Melt your butter in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add your marshmallows.
Stir continually until the marshmallows have melted. Add your salt and vanilla and stir to combine.
3. Pour in your Rice Krispie Cereal and stir well to incorporate.
4. Spray the insides of 2 muffin pans with cooking spray. Spoon the warm Rice Krispie treats into each little muffin cup. Let the treats cool for about 5 minutes, or until they are set.
5. While the treats cool, cut out your little tags and apply glue to the back sides of each one.
Place a craft stick in between the tags and press to seal.
6. Pour your coconut into a bowl. Drop one little drop of food coloring into the bowl and fluff the coconut with a fork to distribute the green color.
7. When the treats have set up remove them from the muffin tins. Spread a bit of frosting on each one…
sprinkle the coconut onto the frosting…
and add your chocolate eggs.
8. Press your little post into the center of the treat and enjoy!
Yum! Yum with a little Spring to it! Have a great day, everyone! Hope you get to spend some of it in the sunshine!