If you love a good grilled cheese sandwich and are a mushroom fan, this amazing sandwich is calling your name, friends! I sauteed some mushrooms and onions in a little bit of butter and then tossed them with garlic salt and soy sauce giving them a fabulous deep flavor. I placed these wonderful mushrooms between two hearty pieces of french bread and both swiss and provolone cheese, then grilled the concoction up…and my goodness. Can I just tell you, it was the best lunch I’ve eaten in a long while. I ate them with the Savory Roasted Sweet Potatoes I posted last week and they were a match made in heaven. Perfect for a hearty lunch or light dinner.
Hope some of you get a chance to give this yummy grilled cheese a try!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Slice 1 (8 ounce) package of mushroom into thin pieces. Slice half of a yellow onion as well.
2. Heat a large, deep skillet up over medium high heat. Melt 2 Tb butter in the pan.
3. Add the mushrooms and onions and saute until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are golden. (Should take about 5-10 minutes).
4. Add 1 Tb soy sauce and 1/4 tsp garlic salt. Give it a nice stir and allow it to cook for 20 more seconds or so.
5. Heat a skillet or griddle up over medium high heat.
6. Slice 4 pieces of french bread (about 1 inch thick). Spread butter over one side of each piece.
7. Take two pieces of bread and place Swiss cheese over the non-buttered side. Add half the mushrooms to each piece, top with provolone cheese and another piece of bread (butter side up).
7. Place the sandwich on the griddle or hot pan. Allow the bottom to become all grilled and golden brown.
Then flip the old girl over and let it get grilled on the other side as well.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Today is National Grilled Cheese Day…yum. 🙂 Several of my blogging friends have put together some amazing grilled cheese sandwich recipes to share with you all today.
Don’t they look great! You can find them at the following links…
Avocado, Egg and Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Grilled Chicken Melts from Real Mom Kitchen
The Ultimate Spicy Grilled Cheese from The Stay at Home Chef
Bacon Grilled Cheese from Butter with a side of Bread
Chicken Mediterranean Grilled Cheese from Ashlee Marie
Banana Fosters Melt from Like Mother Like Daughter
Ham and Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Summer Scraps
Pesto Grilled Cheese Panini from Yummy Healthy Easy
Croque Monsieur from The Baker Upstairs
Have a great day and thanks for dropping by today!