I have had a lot of folks ask me lately if I have a good
Chocolate Chip recipe.
The truth is….I have about 5!
They are all great for different reasons.
This is the recipe I use the most.
I love the buttery and rich flavor of the cookie.
They also turn out super soft on the inside.
Pretty much my favorite thing to bake….there is really nothing quite like a hot cookie out of the oven, now is there?
This Chocolate Chip recipe was passed onto me by my dear mother in law. She has been making them for years, and so have I.
She usually adds one bag of semi sweet chocolate chips and one bag milk chocolate chips.
I like to make them with 2 bags of Guittard Chocolate Chips.
These particular chocolate chips are larger than most and have such a smooth, sweet flavor.
They are exceptional!
Which is what you will be with these cookies in tow.
Hope you enjoy!
Grandma’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 72 cookies
Time: 1 1/2 hours
Recipe from Jill Eskelson
1 1/2 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1 t salt
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
2 t vanilla
5 C flour
2 bags Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips
1. Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together for about 3 minutes. You want the mixture to be well incorporated.
2. In a separate medium sized bowl mix the dry ingredients.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients and mix until all the flour is incorporated.
4. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
5. Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. Do not over bake. You’ll want to take the cookies out of the oven when they start to crack, then let them stay on the hot cookie sheet to continue cooking for about 5 minutes. (I have a convection oven and bake them at 325 for 6 1/2 minutes.)