Well, I sure hope you are in the mood for easy.
Easy and yummy.
Hearty and satisfying.
It’s hard to not be in the mood for those four things, isn’t it!
Those four things make life run just a bit smoother.
If you would like to enter the Lawry’s Seasoning and Bakeware giveaway, well then…..
You wouldn’t care to?
Keep on a reading for a great recipe!
Time: 20 minutes prep + 15 minutes baking (woo. Hoo!)
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe adapted from Lawry’s
*NOTE* If you can’t find any Lawry’s Burrito Seasoning, taco seasoning or enchilada seasoning can be substituted.
1 lb ground beef
1 15 oz can black beans
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 C water
1 1.4 oz package Lawry’s Chimichurri Burrito Casserole seasoning
8 flour tortillas
1 1/2 C shredded Mexican Cheese blend
1. In a large skillet brown your ground beef over medium high heat. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper in there, just for kicks.
2. When the beef is browned, drain the fat off. Drain and rinse your black beans and add them to the browned beef.
3. In a small mixing bowl, or glass measuring cup mix together your water, tomato sauce, and Lawry’s seasoning packet.
4. Pour 1 C of the red sauce into your beef and been mixture. Stir to incorporate.
5. Fill each tortilla with some of the meat mixture.
6. Roll that puppy right on up! Lay it in a 9×13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with the other 7 tortillas.
7. Pour the rest of your red sauce over the top of the rolled burritos.
8. Cover with your cheese. The recipe calls for a Mexican Cheese blend, which I’m sure would be just down right scrumptious. I only had plain old cheddar. It was still really good!
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until it’s heated through and the cheese is melted.
10. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and sour cream. Or add a little avocado…maybe even some fresh cilantro chopped up nice and fine. What ever you have around! Ok, maybe not mustard, or flaked coconut. Stick with a south western theme, will ya? We don’t want your families to turn their pretty little noses up at this fine dish!
Enjoy, my friends! See you soon!