These Peanut Butter Blossom cookies are good.
Milk Chocolaty Good.
Crunchy Peanut Buttery Good.
Better than Good.
What am I saying….
They are fantastic!!!!!!!
Melt in your mouth divine.
If I could hand one to you, through this screen..
I most definitely would.
Just as a way of saying,
Thanks for dropping by today,
and reading this little ol’ blog.
It was awful nice of you.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 75-90 COOKIES
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
******A Little Tip******
This recipe makes A LOT of cookies.
Just a warning here.
The dough freezes well, if you would only like to bake a couple dozen at a time. You could freeze it some Gladware, or wrap it in tin foil, or use a few freezer safe Ziploc bags.
1 C butter
1 C chunky peanut butter
2 C brown sugar
1 1/2 t vanilla
3 C flour
3/4 t salt
1 1/2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 C sugar
1 18.5 oz package Hershey Kisses (this is the medium sized bag)
*****Second Little Tip*****
Before you measure out your peanut butter, spray the inside of your measuring cup with cooking spray. You’ll have less of a mess to clean up after all is said and done.
1. Combine the butter, peanut butter in your stand mixer or with hand held beaters. Cream them up for about 2 minutes.
2. Add the brown sugar and eggs. Cream for 3 minutes more. You want to be sure the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
4. In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
5. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Mix until will combined.
*****Another Little Tip*****
This is a really fluffy dough. It’s not as sturdy as most chocolate chip cookie doughs….do not be alarmed by this. The cookies turn out so soft and heavenly. If your dough is sticking to your hands as you roll it into balls, just spray your hands with a little cooking spray. Problem solved. Heavenly cookies in your near future.
6. Roll the dough into balls, then roll them in sugar. Place them on a sprayed cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes, or until the cookies crack along the tops. Be sure not to over bake. You want the cookies to remain soft and chewy.
7. As soon as you take the cookies out of the oven press a Hershey Kiss into the middle. The bottom of the kiss will melt just enough that once the cookie cools down the kiss will be fastened to the cookie.
8. Let the cookies finish cooking on the cookie sheet. About 3 minutes should do the trick. Remove them from the sheet and cool on a wire rack.
*****Final Little Tip*****
If you eat ten of these in one sitting…
your pants may not fit in the morning.
Just had to get that out there.
I feel much better now.