Some of you may remember that a couple of weeks ago I posted an amazing 30 Minute Pizza Crust recipe. I hope some of you have found it to be as amazing as I do. 🙂
I have a Chicken Pesto Pizza version for you today, that makes use of this quick crust. The combination of fresh Pesto, layered with Chicken, Sauteed Onions and Garlic is fabulous. Add mozzarella cheese, melted and bubbly and a heavenly dinner awaits you, ladies and gentlemen. It truly does.
Let’s make it!
Chicken Pesto Pizza
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 2 (12 inch) pizzas
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 recipe 30 Minute Pizza Crust
1 T olive oil
1 chicken breast
salt and pepper
1/2 medium onion, sliced into rings
3 cloves garlic
1 C pesto
2-3 C mozzarella cheese, grated
2 tomatoes, chopped
1. Whip up some pizza dough, using this wonderful recipe.
2. Chop up 1 chicken breast into small pieces, about 1 inch thick.
3. Heat up a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the oil is hot, toss the chicken into the pan.
4. Slice 1/2 an onion and finely chop 3 garlic cloves. Put them in the pan with the chicken. Hit it all with a bit of salt and pepper.
Cook everything until the chicken is golden brown and the onions are translucent.
5. Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
6. Roll the dough out onto 2 pizza pans or stones. If you would like to use a large cookie sheet that’s fine as well.
7. Spread 1/2 cup of pesto over the top of each pizza.
8. Add about 1 1/2 cups of mozarella cheese to each pizza…
and divide the chicken/onion mixture between the two.
9. Chop 2 tomatoes and sprinkle them over the top of each pizza.
10. Pop your pizza into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the bottom of the crust is golden brown and the the cheese is melted and bubbly. I usually just cook one at a time.
Cut and enjoy!