If you are looking for an EASY, delicious, weeknight meal of wonder…baby. This is it!
If you love a recipe with a short, easy to find list of ingredients…sister. You have found it!
If you love a sauce that rocks the combination of tangy and sweet…my brother, shut the front door and put a smile on your face. This chicken is going to be your new best friend.
My family loved it. I loved it. I think you are going love it too.
At least, I am crossing my fingers that you will.
Let me show you how to make it happen…
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Cut 4 chicken breasts in half and place them in the pan. They will cook a lot faster for you, if you cut them.
3. Slice 1/4 to 1/2 of a sweet white onion. Cut the strips nice and thin, won’t you? It will help them cook faster.
4. Arrange the onion slices on top of the chicken.
5. Mix 1 (8 ounce) container of Russian dressing with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Stir it well to combine and then pour it over the top of the chicken and onions.
6. Sprinkle the dressing with 1/4 cup brown sugar.
Should look like this. Pretty isn’t it!
7. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and pop it into the oven.
8. Bake for 30 minutes…
Then carefully remove the foil and spoon some of the beautiful orange sauce onto each chicken breast.
9. Allow the chicken to bake, uncovered for 20 more minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside and the onions are nice and tender.
10. Remove the pan from the oven, carefully cover it with the foil and let it sit for about 5 minutes. This will help it stay super moist and wonderful.
Serve over rice. Enjoy!
Do you feel happy that it’s almost spring? Me too! Bring on the asparagus!
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Jan Crane