The winner of the Mothers Day Gift Giveaway is Jackie Mitchell comment #265. Congratulations! I will contact you shortly to get your mailing address.
I am always looking for quick, easy ways to keep this family of mine fed and happy. Meal time seems to come around pretty frequently, right! Breakfast, lunch and dinner are staring us in the face every diddlin’ day, ladies and gentlemen.
This information is not new to you, I would imagine. 🙂
These Turkey Bacon Ranch Flatbread Sandwiches are my latest attempt at quick-easy-happy!
You can put them together in 15 minutes! (A winner for the designated cook in your family).
They are packed with turkey, melted cheddar cheese, bacon and ranch. (A winner for the taste buds in your family).
The flatbread is soft and wonderful.
I am thinking these tasty sandwiches would also be great to make for a game day party, or even a ladies lunch. You could toast the bread, turkey and cheese and then let your guests load them with their favorite toppings.
Now, let me show you how easy they are to put together!
Turkey Bacon Ranch Flatbread Sandwich
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 sandwiches
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
2-3 C shredded romaine lettuce
3-4 tomatoes, chopped
1/3 red onion, sliced
6 flatbread pitas (I used Papa Pita’s Greek Flatbread)
1 pound deli turkey
2 C sharp cheddar cheese
12 slices bacon (I used precooked bacon)
1. Chop up some lettuce, tomatoes and red onion.
2. Turn your oven to broil.
3. Grab some flat bread. I have been loving this yummy Papa Pita Greek Pita Flatbread. I have seen if for sale at both Costco, Sam’s and Walmart.
It’s nice and soft and slightly thick. Yum!
Lay the flat bread out on a cookie sheet. I was able to fit three at a time.
4. Cover each piece of flatbread with a few slices of turkey.
5. Grab some sharp cheddar cheese (or another cheese of your choice and delight).
Grate the cheese and sprinkle about 1/4 cup over each piece of flatbread.
6. Pop the pan in the oven and allow the cheese to get melted and delightful. Should only take about 2-3 minutes so watch it closely.
7. Grab some bacon. I like to buy the precooked slices (easier, you know what I’m saying!). To reheat them just place them on a paper towel and pop them in the microwave for about 20 seconds. They will crisp right up for you.
Lay two pieces of bacon on each flatbread sandwich.
8. Cover with lettuce, tomato and red onion.
Then drizzle a little ranch dressing over the top.
Dinner or lunch…ready in a jiffy. 🙂