Easy S’more Dip

Easy S’more Dip
Pocket

I know it’s Monday morning, and a creamy chocolate dip covered in toasted marshmallows is most likely the last thing on your mind. Monday just calls for healthy choices, carrot sticks and a trip to the gym…doesn’t it?

However, I also know that many, many of you sent your kids off to the first day of school this morning. Some of you fabulous teachers out there are welcoming your new students to the classroom and there may be one or two of you who got caught in rush hour traffic. For all of these reasons and many more, S’more Dip and Monday morning need each other. Just this week. 🙂 Eat a few carrot sticks and run 15 miles to make up the difference, won’t you?

This Easy S’more Dip is absolutely fabulous, gang. You can make it in about 10 minutes and I haven’t ever met a soul that doesn’t love it.

Make it for an after-school snack.

Make it for your evening treat.

Toast it up for your Labor Day BBQ!

Eat it for lunch if you want to.  Who am I to judge, truly.

Happy Monday, gang! Hope you have a wonderful week. Kiss your kiddo’s extra long when they come home this afternoon. If you are a hard working teacher (like my sweet Mom) I hope you get a chance to put your feet up and relax for a minute or two. You deserve it! A whole year full of fun possibilities is knocking at your door.

Easy S'more Dip Jamie Cooks It Up!

Easy S’more Dip

Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Recipe adapted from Bakeaholic Mama

1 1/2 C milk chocolate chips
3 Tb milk
5 1/3 C miniature marshmallows
graham crackers

resized mug

1. Grab 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips and pour them into a medium-sized sauce pan.

resized

Add 3 tablespoon milk…

resized marshmallows

and 1 1/3 cup marshmallows.

IMG_9316_edited-1

2. Get the pan to the stove top and heat the ingredients up over medium high heat, stirring constantly.

IMG_9319_edited-1

They will melt down for you after a couple of minutes.

IMG_9321_edited-1

3. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into a 9 inch pie dish.

IMG_9323_edited-1

Smooth it out nicely over the bottom of the dish.

IMG_9324_edited-1

4. Sprinkle the remaining 4 cups of marshmallows onto the chocolate.

IMG_9325_edited-1

5. Set your oven to broil and place the pie plate into the oven. Allow the marshmallows to get nice and toasty.

IMG_9329_edited-1

It should only take a couple of minutes. Be sure to watch it carefully.

IMG_9349_edited-1

Grab some graham crackers…

Easy S'more Dip Jamie Cooks It Up!!

and dig right in!

Enjoy!

Ann
    August 27, 2014 at 6:41 am

My kids started school a week ago, but yesterday was my kindergartener’s first day. I made this dip for an after-school treat and it was a total hit! My kids laughed and told me all about their day as they huddled around the dish and dipped and ate. A+ in my book!!

Amy
    August 27, 2014 at 11:30 am

I made this for after school snack yesterday. The kids loved it…and my husband enjoyed the leftovers for dessert last night. Finally a s’more where the chocolate is actually melted!

Erin R.
    August 27, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Hoh! What is this miracle? I must try this out on a smaller scale soon. It would be way fun for a party, I think.

Abbie W
    June 28, 2015 at 8:37 pm

I love s’mores, but they’re a mess to eat. Made this and LOVED it!!! I should’ve made it on a smaller scale, being as it’s just my husband and I, but it was still delicious! A lot easier to make than I anticipated too.

June 29, 2015 at 8:51 am

Abbie,
      Soo happy to hear it turned out well for you!

Bryn
    December 28, 2018 at 4:16 am

Do you have to keep this warm when serving or can it be taken to an appetizer party where dishes are served on a kitchen island at room temp?

Grace
      June 14, 2020 at 3:01 pm

I warmed mine up every time I got it out in the oven for like 2-3 minutes just to melt the chocolate so it would not be so hard to eat!

Lara
    January 1, 2019 at 10:39 am

Made this for a New Year’s Eve party last night and as soon as I put it down it was gone! Huge hit and will be bringing this to every party from now on.

Casey
    November 16, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Made this as a surprise dessert after dinner for my teens who are becoming harder to impress.. used to I could just cut their grilled cheese into stars and they were wowed lol now it takes more. I made the dip like you said but put it in little mini cast iron skillets and stuffed graham cracker pieces around the sides sticking straight up for them to dip… they loved the touch of the cast iron mini skillets because they each had their own pile of melty goodness they are already asking for this to be a weekly thing 🙂 thank you!

July 28, 2020 at 8:15 pm

I am not clear. I simply need clarification. You wrote “I got it out in the oven for like 2-3 minutes”. The comment was made regarding how you reheated the S’more Dip. I do not understand “out in’. Am I to interpret you place the dip in the oven then take it out of the oven?

July 28, 2020 at 8:18 pm

I should have added to whom the question was sent—it was for Grace. I like your idea; I simply need some clarification (I too will have to reheat the dip).