I have a super easy, incredibly quick and immensely satisfying game-day recipe to share with you today. Is that what you came here for? I sure hope so. The Super Bowl is creeping up on us after all…and this recipe would be fantastic to make and share with the football fans in your life.
Loaded with homemade pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni this fun bread is a real crowd pleaser.
MyLittleTwinBoys were my taste testers on this one and they couldn’t get enough.
Don’t worry, I didn’t let Aaron eat the whole thing. Though one look into those puppy dog eyes and I was tempted, man! Those eyes melt my heart daily, I tell ya. I can’t get enough of them…or the boy they belong to…
Pepperoni Pizza Party Loaf
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 5-6 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 (14 ounce) Tuscan Bread Loaf
1 C homemade pizza sauce (Recipe Here)
1 C mini pepperoni
2 C mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 C parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grab a nice loaf of thick artisan style bread. You don’t want to use store made french bread, it’s not hearty enough and will get soggy once you add the sauce.
3. Slice the bread into 1 inch strips, making sure not to cut all the way through to the bottom.
Turn the bread and slice it in one inch strips, going the other direction.
This will make is so the bread is cut into handy “pull-apart” sizes.
4. Make a batch of Homemade Pizza Sauce (recipe here). The sauce recipe makes about 2 cups, you will only need 1 C for the Pepperoni Pizza Party Bread. The good news is…the sauce freezes really well. Just pour the remaining sauce into a freezer safe ziploc bag and lay it flat inside your freezer. Or, make a second party loaf!
5. Place the bread on a baking sheet and carefully spoon the pizza sauce into the crevices of the bread.
6. Tuck about 3/4 C mini pepperoni pieces into the crevices of the bread.
7. Grab 2 C of grated mozzarella cheese.
8. Tuck the cheese into as many crevices as possible and then sprinkle the rest on the top.
9. Sprinkle 1/2 C grated parmesan cheese over the top.
10. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp italian seasoning over the top and randomly place a few pepperoni pieces on top.
Serve immediately and enjoy! For more game day food, click the picture below.