Several weeks ago my sweet friend Kristine introduced me to this amazing dip. Sweetened cream cheese is covered with caramel, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and topped with chopped white chocolate. Good glory, its fabulous. The flavors pair wonderfully. If you love Apple Pie Caramel Apples, this is a quick way to get your fix. It is knock-down delish.
Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Dip
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: about 10 servings
Recipe from the wonderful Kristine Anderson
***NOTE: This recipe can be made several hours in advance.
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 C powdered sugar
1 (16 ounce) container caramel dip (found in the produce section)
3 Tb sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 C white chocolate chips, chopped
1. Grab some softened cream cheese, add 1 C powdered sugar and a dash of salt. Blend it together until smooth.
2. Spread it out over a platter that has a nice tall ridge.
3. Grab some Caramel Dip. I found this little treasure in the produce section next to the apples.
Spread it over the top of the cream cheese.
4. Combine 3 Tb sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. I always keep a little cinnamon/sugar in this handy shaker for easy access. Who doesn’t love cinnamon-sugar toast in the morning, I ask you…seriously. 🙂 Good stuff, there. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the caramel.
5. Grab 1 1/2 C white chocolate chips. Get them onto a cutting board and give them a rough chop. It’s ok if some of them are left whole, but you want some smaller pieces as well.
6. Sprinkle the chocolate over the top of the caramel.
7. Serve with apple slices and pretzel pieces.