This Chocolate Eclair Dessert is so super easy you may not even believe it. It’s a No-Bake, No-Fuss, heavenly concoction to be sure. Layers of sweet french vanilla pudding are spread between layers of graham crackers and topped with a smooth chocolate frosting. It’s simple, most definitely but wonderful. It tastes a lot like a delicious chocolate eclair from the bakery. My family loved it, I loved it. I bet some of you have made it in the past, yes? It’s one of those recipes that has been floating around for a long time. Thanks goes to my sweet sister-in-law Rachel for passing it on to me. 🙂
And to you.
Hope you love it!
1. Grab 2 small (3.4 ounce) boxes of French Vanilla Instant Pudding. Pour them into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl.
2. Add 3 1/3 C cold milk. (I used 2%)
3. Beat the pudding for about 3 minutes, or until it has thickened. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula 2-3 times during the mixing process to be sure all of the powdered mix gets incorporated.
4. Add 1 (8 ounce) package of cool whip (be sure it has thawed) to the pudding. Fold it in to combine.
5. Grab a 9×13 pan and spray it with cooking spray.
6. Open up a box (14.4 ounce) of graham crackers…
and line the bottom of the pan with crackers.
7. Pour 1/3 of the pudding mixture over the crackers.
8. Add another layer of crackers and 1/3 more pudding. Place a 3rd layer of crackers over the top and add the remaining pudding.
9. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
10. Into a small mixing bowl combine 6 Tb cocoa powder, 2 tsp corn syrup, 2 tsp vanilla, 3 Tb butter (softened), 1 1/2 C powdered sugar and 3 Tb milk. Beat it until nice and smooth. (I used a hand held electric mixer).
11. Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate topping carefully over the top of the pudding.
11. Spread it out evenly over the top.
12. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from Rachel Eskelson